Old 07-31-2013, 09:17 PM
Evil Dead

Pan's Labyrinth also has a brutal beating scene. It's not critical for the flow of the film though, so maybe he could fast forward after like the 11th bash in the face.

No doubt, it's a little tough finding good horror movies that are current, interesting and not too violent. I know exactly where the OP is coming from though. I do the same thing -- always looking for stuff I can watch with my mom or wife, but still satisfy my desire for something shocking or visceral. Most of the films in the list I posted do that. Also, I bet he and his friends haven't seen most of them.

Admit it, MaskOfPersona... You're just trying to impress this girl so you can get some action without having to sit through a chick flick. ;)
Old 07-31-2013, 09:25 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
Pan's Labyrinth also has a brutal beating scene. It's not critical for the flow of the film though, so maybe he could fast forward after like the 11th bash in the face.

No doubt, it's a little tough finding good horror movies that are current, interesting and not too violent. I know exactly where the OP is coming from though. I do the same thing -- always looking for stuff I can watch with my mom or wife, but still satisfy my desire for something shocking or visceral. Most of the films in the list I posted do that. Also, I bet he and his friends haven't seen most of them.

Admit it, MaskOfPersona... You're just trying to impress this girl so you can get some action without having to sit through a chick flick. ;)
I forgot about that part of Pan's Labyrinth too. Honestly though why should one scene of violence matter? Are these people really that timid and easily frazzled that one scene of violence, no matter the degree, disturbs and unhinges them to an unhealthy level? There is some pretty graphic violence in dramas, action movies and even comedies too.

I just don't get the point of watching a horror movie if you have to find movies that are the least horrific. Like NE said, maybe they would be better off watching something else.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Evil Dead

Heh... well one scene is all it takes. Think "Audition."

I get that notion, but like I said, it's definitely doable, and for whatever the reason, that's the situation the OP's in. My situation is different. I'm just selfish and want to watch horror movies, even with people who don't like them. Whatever the reason, it's a challenge. I'm not gonna knock the guy for trying.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:56 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
Hahaha, I wish. But I'm a girl. And already have a boyfriend who I don't think I'm yet ready to impress with how hungry I can get while watching cannibals.

But anyway. Yeah, I admit this is a bit of a weird request and when it was first put forward by my friends I was filled with dread. I didn't think it could be done. But sometimes it doesn't take a single drop of blood for something to be scary.
I mean, I watched Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (2011) and that managed to scare me more than the hand eyeball monster from Pan's Labyrinth. It just hit me somewhere deep inside. Probably because those evil fairy thingies were blue. And I really didn't like that idea at all.

But there's been some awesome suggestions here and so I'm quite looking forward to this challenge.
It's not like there must be no blood at all, I'm capable of telling people to close their eyes if it comes to it.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:48 AM
RJ Bland

I personally found 'Mama Mia' to be one of the most terrifying cinema experiences ever.
Minimal gore as well. ;)
Old 08-05-2013, 07:43 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Bland View Post
I personally found 'Mama Mia' to be one of the most terrifying cinema experiences ever.
Minimal gore as well. ;)
Dancing Queen can be horrifying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u71tIJj7Nno

Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 PM
RJ Bland

ha! love it