Old 03-26-2006, 01:29 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Eyes of the Forest

As promised, my next story. I'd recomend reading Descent first....doesnt matter, but thats how I wrote them.

Eyes of the Forest

Barbra ran through the cold rain. Her heart was beating stronger than she had ever imagined, and so many questions were running through her mind. Primarily, what the hell was chasing her? Secondly, why was it chasing her? She took the chance to glance back, and still it was bounding towards her. She couldn’t see the thing clearly, all that she could make out was its blood red eyes, and it’s mane of wet fur of some sort. She couldn’t make out the colour, but it shined in the moonlight. In the distance, she saw a small cabin. Cliché, yes, but safer than outside nonetheless. She bounded through the open door, not bothering to check if anyone was inside. Not noticing the glowing, blood red eyes watching her from the shadows...

When Detectives Presario and Wolverton arrived at the scene the next morning, it was a grisly sight, even for Presario, who had been on the force for over 15 years. Homicide division for the last 10. He had seen some brutal crimes, but none so savage as this one. The walls were splattered with blood, and in the center of a pile of gore were the mangled remains of Barbra Hathaway, only 20 years old and struck down in her prime. She was dead from loss of blood, that much was obvious, but who or what could have committed such a heinous crime? It seemed almost as though it was committed by an animal of some sort, but the CSI division found traces of human DNA. However, the clumped fur at the scene was most defiantly not that of a man. It seemed out of their league, but he was sure that one way or another, the mystery would unravel itself for them.

It would seem that there were no witnesses on that cold, wet night, but Alberto knew better than to leave his trail uncovered. Those detectives would have to work a bit before he revealed his secret...
He sat calmly in his darkened apartment, waiting, biding his time. The tap dripped in the other room, but Turhan was too deep in thought to notice it. He had kept this secret within him for many years....was this the time to let it free? He knew that it was.

Presario and Wolverton were searching the station’s database for information that could be useful for the case. They found nothing interesting, except for a small file on a man named Alberto Turhan, who was involved in a similar case years ago. It seems that a similar situation occurred in those very woods 35 years earlier. A young woman and her two children were out for a hiking trip one wet fall afternoon. When they weren’t back by morning, a search team was sent out, and what they found was more disturbing than anything they could have imagined. An unidentifiable mass of flesh and bone; slashed, clawed and chewed beyond recognition. There were no witnesses, only her youngest son who was found huddled against a tree, grasping his mother’s backpack for dear life. He never spoke a word for the rest of his life. He was identified as Alberto Turhan, and he was released into the general populace at age 18, after spending most of his life in an orphanage.
The info on what happened to him in the years after leaving the orphanage was brief, but a small lead is better than nothing...
The detectives sped to his last known address, in a rundown neighborhood of town.
“Why are these people always in the rundown neighborhoods? Wolverton thought to himself while they drove towards the address that was on file for Mr. Turhan.
When they arrived at the apartment building, things seemed strange. For example, they expected to hear the sounds of domestic unrest, of substance abuse, the kind of things you expect to hear in a poverty ridden sleaze pit like this. But they heard nothing, only a television or possibly a radio from one of the upstairs apartments. They found the door for Alberto Turhan’s small living area, but when Presario knocked, the door swung open on its own. Wolverton stepped inside, being extra cautious, in case it was a trap.
“Mr. Turhan!” he called out, but no answer. Upon closer inspection, they found some small drops of blood leading from a chair in the center of the room towards a window. This was undoubtedly related to the case, and the detectives sent out search parties for Turhan, as well as a bulletin to the news stations with Turhan’s description, telling the public to be on the lookout for him. It was only hours later that one of the teams radioed in, and said that they should get there ASAP...

At first glance, you wouldn’t notice anything strange about the tree where Alberto Turhan’s remains were hanging, but on closer observation, you would notice his head and torso, recently severed, hidden nicely among the branches of the tall old maple tree. With yet another mysterious death, this time of someone closely involved with the case, the jurisdiction over the case had been moved out of the city’s hands. It was now a federal case, and Presario and Wolverton would be taken off it.

For the first time in his life, Alberto felt as though he belonged. He was among his own now, and although his mortal body had been destroyed, he would now live on with the eyes of the forest, whose secret he had kept within him for so long...
Old 03-26-2006, 01:30 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

I have one more finshed, and I have a couple in the process of being written.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:47 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Nobdy reading this one?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
T_T_T_T--- TRIPLE POST!

I read it, it was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 06-30-2006, 05:53 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

I said Id bump it
Old 06-30-2006, 08:08 AM
The Dork Knight

Nice, not as good as 'Descent' but......I guess solid would be the word.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Ssh...did you hear that?

Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Olivia
LMAO I especially liked trying to figure out what the "sounds of substance abuse" would be like......the bubbling of a full bong, the retching of a beer filled charity case, the sswwwiippp "HOLY JESUS" of a crack toking welfare mom....that was the best part:D
Let your bloodline feed my youth
------------------------------
Ssshhh....did you hear that?
Old 09-19-2006, 04:43 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Felt like bumping the stories Ive posted. Ive written a couple more, will post some soon.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:41 AM
I ain't afraid'a no ghost

Send a message via MSN to stygianwitch
I liked this one better than the descent, only criticism, too short, it has too many gaps in it, make a good novel if you filled it out :D

DVD