Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 AM
The Spine Splitter

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Loomis Send a message via MSN to Doctor Loomis Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Loomis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadChick View Post
Wow apparently i've walked into something....sorry for posting. Man you guys sure are unfriendly
you might try bloody-disgusting.com
Old 02-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Little Boo

I'd rather not bloody disgusting are a bunch of cunts
Old 02-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Sick as Salo

hey LDC wanna be friends????
Old 02-17-2010, 03:49 PM
That fucking Guy...

I think it's important that we don't get into having pre-conceptions of all new sign ups...
The fact is, if any new people ARE in fact the same fuckwits we've had issues with then one of two things will happen, and soon.

The first being is that they'll want to hide who they are from you...but, is this a bad thing? What they'll be doing there is trying NOT to piss us off, trying NOT to be their usual annoying selves...for now I have to say that works for me.
I personally don't care if they have some grand scheme or masterplan to say "It was me all along!" before the inevitable banning that will come shortly after.

The second thing is, they just start acting like their old selves again and make it so completely obvious...in which case, action will be taken sooner rather than later, no big deal really - just as long as constant annoyances are dealt with accordingly.

There could be the *small* possibility that they'd come back knowing what happens when they act like fuckheads and actually act as though they have some desire to actually BE here...they might actually have some valid input when they drop the penis act...you never know, time'll reveal these things, and if that too is an act they'll reveal it soon enough.

Though, in the event that there IS actually new members signing up...I mean the internet's a pretty "big place" and all, this kind of reception might in fact piss off and drive away the kind of members we actually DO want around.

I'm reserving judgement either way on this one, for now.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Well considering that two of them have said that they have made female accounts in order to come back on here and stir things up, it makes it kind of obvious. They think that they can't possibly get into trouble as a girl, which is untrue.

I think this account is extremely fake. It doesn't make sense. They RP as a girl who is single, looking for sex, bubbly personality, yet they post no pictures of themselves. That's the first thing someone with that MO would do. At least google some cleavage shots, y'know?

Plus she states that she has no knowledge of the BS going on at HM.com. It's kind of easy to see that all recent posts are about trolling, and harassment so if they had been on that site (which they claim to have been there, and even registered) they would know that.

Also I happen to think the way they post sounds too deliberate and thought out. Trying to hard to be a girl when they don't know the first thing about women.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadChick View Post
Hiya all! Just wanted to pop in and make myself known. So let's start with a little about myself, I'm a 22 year old female horror fan, single and bored and looking to make friends with people just like me! Love, love, love zombie movies! What else can I say? I guess if you want to know just ask :) Looking forward to posting with ya'll:)
I thought they over-played there hand at that point personally...
Old 02-17-2010, 08:58 PM
That fucking Guy...

Wasn't really commenting on how perceptive people were or weren't...It's not as though you couldn't draw similarities to those users, and this, or pretty much any new sign up...So like, does this fuck it up for any actual females that want to come on board in the future then?
I mean, we DO have females here...it's not unheard of...

My point is...if it's them it's them and you'll know about it soon enough, or you won't because they've not been acting like an asshole...so, the only thing negative is our own actions towards someone that may in fact be a valid member.
The less paranoid and crazy we act about it, the less they'll have to enjoy, no?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:10 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Wasn't really commenting on how perceptive people were or weren't...It's not as though you couldn't draw similarities to those users, and this, or pretty much any new sign up...So like, does this fuck it up for any actual females that want to come on board in the future then?
I mean, we DO have females here...it's not unheard of...

My point is...if it's them it's them and you'll know about it soon enough, or you won't because they've not been acting like an asshole...so, the only thing negative is our own actions towards someone that may in fact be a valid member.
The less paranoid and crazy we act about it, the less they'll have to enjoy, no?
Like you said. The internet is a big place and there'll be noobs registering all the time.

Give it a month and i'm sure we'll be friendlier and less alert towards new members.

Don't blame us being this careful, cheeb. Afterall we don't just run away when shit hits the fan.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:56 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Don't blame us being this careful, cheeb.
It's not being careful...being careful would be observing the new members behaviour for trends, talking to the moderation in regards to any concerns, in private so as to maximize the efficiency of their observations and to make any actions they'll have to take occur in a more expedient manner...

This is, quite honestly more like being stupid.
This whole thread and interactions that have taken place here would do nothing but ring warning bells to a potential offender...delaying the process of their "tell/reveal", and eventual removal, so you've got that and/or waving the psycho flag around at new members.
Not careful. Not subtle. Little thought to angry words.

Quote:
Afterall we don't just run away when shit hits the fan.
Nice. So this is what I get from you for stepping out for a while...the fact is, it was inevitable that they would get banned and yeah I got a little sick of waiting around for someone to get off their ass and do it, it's not as though any conversation that didn't end up revolving around a certain other forum was possible anyway...but yknow, that's me, running away...Yeah, if a drooling bald retard started flipping burgers where I eat, I'd probably leave until they were gone too...
:rolleyes:
Old 02-18-2010, 12:32 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post

Nice. So this is what I get from you for stepping out for a while...the fact is, it was inevitable that they would get banned and yeah I got a little sick of waiting around for someone to get off their ass and do it, it's not as though any conversation that didn't end up revolving around a certain other forum was possible anyway...but yknow, that's me, running away...Yeah, if a drooling bald retard started flipping burgers where I eat, I'd probably leave until they were gone too...
:rolleyes:

I don't have any problems with you or any other of the regulars leaving when there's troubles ahead. Just look at Urgeok.

Don't just start pointing your fingers at us who stuck through this shit-fest as soon as you get back.

But hey, be my guest. Become best buddies with this LivingDeadChick dude and have a blast for all I care. Maybe, in time, your point of view will change.