Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 PM
She's under the stairs

You say
Quote:
though at the minute i'm having trouble living like a writer; being too poor and happy to self-deprecate or binge drink
What does that mean?

You are poor and happy so that stops you from liveing like a writer? that sounds like the perfect mix... to self-depreciate and binge drink you will never write anything.... Stop complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 01-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Balor

Everyone from Shakespear to Hunter S. Thompson hated themselves and oft penned drunk thoughts that turned to gold! I spend most of my time being healthy and happy, which means i'm only good for turning out light fantasy, political blogs and prose about strange people I see on the bus!

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - G.B Shaw

:p
Old 01-30-2009, 01:51 PM
My fucking sunblock blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balor View Post
Yeallo one and all, This is my first Horror forum, figured i'd start screaming my own small notes onto an already overcrowded overture! As for me, I’m a 22 year old Irish man finding himself skulking around the narrow streets of Portsmouth, England.

Having finished university in the south of England I quickly packed my thumbs away in tiny boxes that I may stop twiddling and perhaps get down to some writing. Which is what I’d like to do for a living, though at the minute i'm having trouble living like a writer; being too poor and happy to self-deprecate or binge drink. So obviously I don’t get much writing done.

My favourite kind of horror is the classic short story flavour and I’ve recently taken to collecting .. amm collections of them. Nothing major really just a few volumes so far, looking for some of the classics before I just start chewing up any old thing. So far found copies of ‘The Vampye’ by John Polidori and what I think is most of ‘Varney’. I’ve become dead set on finding them by hand, mostly via second hand, as just Ebay-ing things takes some of the fun away. I’m something of a would-be old school scholar when it comes to this so I enjoy the smelly old books shops and the growing stacks of yellowing books festooning my room.

If you have any questions or anything else just shout them out!

:D ......

The Termin00ber!!!!!!!!!! :cool: