Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 12-07-2008, 02:04 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
I personally enjoyed Lifeforce and Phantasm a million times more, but again vastly different types of movies.
Phantasm has some definite similarities...the atmosphere is similar, and it's not particularly straightforward either. More coherent than Dellamorte Dellamore to be sure...but still, not exactly mainstream storytelling.

Honestly, I think I also prefer Phantasm; but I do love both. Have yet to see Lifeforce, so I'm afraid I can't comment there.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Evil Dead

Lifeforce isn't really comparable except for the fact that there is a chick who is naked a lot...but it's still a great flick. Some surprisingly good practical effects for the time period.

-D
Old 12-08-2008, 05:42 AM
HDC Idol

I was disappointed with Cemetery Man. I thought that it started out really strong, had some fantastic elements of Dead Alive in there (the best parts, in my opinion)... Everett was fantastic in his role, but I thought that, ultimately, the Gialli absurd was a little uneven.

Then again, I'm starting to learn that I'm just not a big fan of Gialli. And this one, in some ways, seemed heavily influenced by Vertigo, which I also thought was a fairly uneven film.

I think that Cemetery Man would have been better if it either went complete Giallo artsy OR went splatterpunk crazy. I don't think that it mixed the two very well.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I was disappointed with Cemetery Man. I thought that it started out really strong, had some fantastic elements of Dead Alive in there (the best parts, in my opinion)... Everett was fantastic in his role, but I thought that, ultimately, the Gialli absurd was a little uneven.

Then again, I'm starting to learn that I'm just not a big fan of Gialli. And this one, in some ways, seemed heavily influenced by Vertigo, which I also thought was a fairly uneven film.

I think that Cemetery Man would have been better if it either went complete Giallo artsy OR went splatterpunk crazy. I don't think that it mixed the two very well.

there's no way in hell we'll ever be able to watch movies together.

looks like it'll be a purely physical relationship.