Old 03-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Well see that's why i liked him as Pennywise. The movie was cheesy and he played the character accordingly. Obviously if they do a remake like the book, they need to change his character. I would love to see a much darker and insane version of Pennywise.
I love campy, cheesy horror films as much as the next guy and for its part, IT is exactly that. I enjoy it for that reason only, all I'm getting at is that I'd like to see a serious attempt at adapting the novel, one where they don't completely gut the novel like the miniseries did, one with a proper R rating, one that is as psychologically effecting as the novel is, that's all.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
I love campy, cheesy horror films as much as the next guy and for its part, IT is exactly that. I enjoy it for that reason only, all I'm getting at is that I'd like to see a serious attempt at adapting the novel, one where they don't completely gut the novel like the miniseries did, one with a proper R rating, one that is as psychologically effecting as the novel is, that's all.
Yeah i totally agree. I would love to see that

Old 03-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaugh0095 View Post
#3.Less CGI: I feel the CGI from the remake took a way any thoughts of "could this happen to me?". Sure, cheap effects may not look as "cool" as CG, but because you are using real objects for effects, it adds a depth of immersion to it.
I agree with this, I think they should of use physical effects and add CGI to it, if needed. We have seen movies use this and have it look really good. My friends said I was wrong about this, but the CGI did turn me away.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
#4.Character Development/dynamics: This was probably the biggest complaint and what many would agree "ruined the film". No one cares about dull flat characters! When the first 30 year old high school student got killed at the dinner, I was just like "okay, why do I care this guy is dead?" I don't know this guy. Was he friendly? was he a bastard? Well, we will never know because he was killed of before any major development.
Jackie Earle Haley did bring something new to Freddy, when i seen the new Nightmare on Elm Street I was not looking for the old Freddy that was done by Robert Englund, but like you said it was flat, however there were a few oneliners in the new film that gave hope for the new freddy. 1. Jackie Earle haley was a bad pick for the roll and could not pull it off or 2. Filmmakers did not give him enough space to really play with the idea for freddy on screen, becasue he did bring a different side to Freddy. but did not sell me on his portail of Freddy, now I think if Jackie Earle haley had the room to play with Freddy to really make him his own, i think he could of pulled it off. I tend to sway towards option one with a shadow from option two. I think the new Nighmare suffered from lack of imagination, thus why we see a flim that was some what flat. In the new Friday the 13th film they change jason up a bit on how he acts, made him more like a hunter/predator stocking his pray, they toke extra time to knock home the point that Jason is a Hunter and your dont screw with him when he is in his hunting grounds. We really dont see this type of imagination in the new Nightmare movie, we see a flatness, a bone with out meat or blood.

Last edited by jessieblood; 03-23-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:11 AM
Creeper the Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieblood View Post
Jackie Earle Haley did bring something new to Freddy, when i seen the new Nightmare on Elm Street I was not looking for the old Freddy that was done by Robert Englund, but like you said it was flat, however there were a few oneliners in the new film that gave hope for the new freddy. 1. Jackie Earle haley was a bad pick for the roll and could not pull it off or 2. Filmmakers did not give him enough space to really play with the idea for freddy on screen, becasue he did bring a different side to Freddy. but did not sell me on his portail of Freddy, now I think if Jackie Earle haley had the room to play with Freddy to really make him his own, i think he could of pulled it off. I tend to sway towards option one with a shadow from option two. I think the new Nighmare suffered from lack of imagination, thus why we see a flim that was some what flat. In the new Friday the 13th film they change jason up a bit on how he acts, made him more like a hunter/predator stocking his pray, they toke extra time to knock home the point that Jason is a Hunter and your dont screw with him when he is in his hunting grounds. We really dont see this type of imagination in the new Nightmare movie, we see a flatness, a bone with out meat or blood.
Wow, thanks for taking the time to write that post! :)
Old 03-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Wow, thanks for taking the time to write that post! :)
Yeah, we got a bit off topic, nice post jessieblood.

Tags
a nightmare on elm street, freddy krueger, remake