Old 11-24-2017, 04:10 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Suspiria -

The first Dario Argento movie I've seen and man it's wild. I didn't expect this. I just kept hearing that Suspiria was good. And I saw the image of the main character in a taxi and thought that's a beautiful image.
That's exactly what I thought seeing the beautiful taxi cinematography. Bava and Argento made some nice looking films.

Very cool poster!

Old 11-25-2017, 06:55 AM
Evil Dead

MOON OF THE WOLF (1972). MFTV film involving a werewolf terrorizing a small Bayou town. Pretty silly and really a No-Brainer guessing who the hairy guy is. **1/2
Old 11-25-2017, 06:13 PM
病気の

Crowhaven Farm, 1970. 7,5/10

Old 11-25-2017, 08:18 PM
病気の

The Mephisto Waltz, 1971. 7/10

Old 11-26-2017, 12:37 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Do you think Gremlins is at all racist? In particular, the Gremlins movie theater and bars scenes.
Well, I have not really looked at it in that way. Generally, Gremlins are jerks and/or pulling off all sorts of shenanigans. But to call it racist? That would go a bit far.

I mean, I was more surprised rewatching Police Academy and hearing a racial slur in that one.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:59 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Well, I have not really looked at it in that way. Generally, Gremlins are jerks and/or pulling off all sorts of shenanigans. But to call it racist? That would go a bit far.

I mean, I was more surprised rewatching Police Academy and hearing a racial slur in that one.
I guess it's silly for me to suggest this to you, because you live in Belgium... I don't know if you're an American living in Belgium, or simply Belgian. But what I was referring to was the scenes in the theatre, outside the theatre and in the bar, where, for instance, you have Gremlins break-dancing, and they are also dressed urban (from that time period), interacting with the movie screen, gang activities, and other like scenarios... and it may suggest these scenes were made to playoff, or play up, suburban' fears of (physical and/or influential) urban' invasion, with a racial slant. But this film was a long time ago. I was just seeing if anyone had thoughts on it.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:34 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I guess it's silly for me to suggest this to you, because you live in Belgium... I don't know if you're an American living in Belgium, or simply Belgian. But what I was referring to was the scenes in the theatre, outside the theatre and in the bar, where, for instance, you have Gremlins break-dancing, and they are also dressed urban (from that time period), interacting with the movie screen, gang activities, and other like scenarios... and it may suggest these scenes were made to playoff, or play up, suburban' fears of (physical and/or influential) urban' invasion, with a racial slant. But this film was a long time ago. I was just seeing if anyone had thoughts on it.
I see.

First of, I am a born and bread Belgian, but seeing you uncertain about that somehow feels like a compliment. :)

I am somewhat familiar with the whole "black people talking in movie theaters"-thing (The Scary Movie-franchise centered one of it's kills around that, if my memory serves me right.). I don't remember the break dancing.

The gang bits... Well, the stripe did make the leader look like he was in a biker gang. So, yeah... Personally, I would not consider it in that way. It certainly is not Skids and Mudflap.

Dunno if that helps.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Evil Dead

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Classic stuff. And that cast.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:03 PM
bloody vixen

Another movie has come to mind and I think it was an 80's movie: "Pumpkinhead"---That was pretty scary to me, the witch at the beginning of the movie freaked me out when I first saw it...The sequel was not as good as the first in my opinion....
Old 12-06-2017, 06:41 PM
病気の

Shivers, 1975. 6/10

Yeah I know it's Cronenberg, wasn't that impressed with this.