Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 09-08-2006, 04:59 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Dude, I have to say...I love the clever little in-jokes in mostof the stories, but man...

Dirk's Perk? DIRK'S PERK??

All I can say is "Wow".

:D
Old 09-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Run, you fools!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Preacher
Yo.....

Where's Aaron these days??? You guys throw him out the balloon??

“I could catch a monkey. If I was starving I could. I’d make poison darts out of the poison of the deadly frogs. One milligram of that poison can kill a monkey. Or a man. Prick yourself and you’d be dead within a day. Or longer. Different frogs, different times.” - Gareth from The Office

“Life is just a series of peaks and troughs. And you don’t know whether you’re in a trough until you’re climbing out, or on a peak until you’re coming down. And that’s it you know, you never know what’s round the corner. But it’s all good. ‘If you want the rainbow, you’ve gotta put up with the rain.’ Do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she’s just a big pair of tits.” - David Brent
Old 10-04-2006, 12:05 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Just wanted to mention that Violet turned out to be one of my favourite stories in along time. Great work on that one!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Run, you fools!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Preacher
Yo.....

Yo guys

Sprechen sie English????

“I could catch a monkey. If I was starving I could. I’d make poison darts out of the poison of the deadly frogs. One milligram of that poison can kill a monkey. Or a man. Prick yourself and you’d be dead within a day. Or longer. Different frogs, different times.” - Gareth from The Office

“Life is just a series of peaks and troughs. And you don’t know whether you’re in a trough until you’re climbing out, or on a peak until you’re coming down. And that’s it you know, you never know what’s round the corner. But it’s all good. ‘If you want the rainbow, you’ve gotta put up with the rain.’ Do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she’s just a big pair of tits.” - David Brent
Old 10-14-2006, 09:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
To be honest with you I have never read a comic book, but I am thinking about getting a few Horror ones. Any suggestions ?
Old 11-28-2006, 04:36 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

I must admit that I let myself get a little behind on reading NW in the past little while, but I just got all caught up and let me tell you...Im still as impressed as ever.

The last page of "My Own Prison" is probably the most powerful thing that Ive read on the site. Mr. Rhee is shaping up to be pretty damn good IMO.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:36 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanManiac View Post
To be honest with you I have never read a comic book, but I am thinking about getting a few Horror ones. Any suggestions ?
There are some inexpensive reprints of old 1960s Ec Comics, like The Haunt of Fear & Tales From the Crypt

Also the original 30 Days of Night trade paperback (a compendium of the first story arc in this ever-expanding franchise) is a great place to start

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 11-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Evil Puppy

Just read my first couple of this series, Violet and Life In a Glass House... cool stuff. Good job.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:52 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Man, Im loving the way everything is falling together. "In the Meantime" was just flat-out mindblowing!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Scares Little Kids

Oh, how time flies when things get messy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Yo.....

Well... while I certainly can't speak for Aaron... *ahem*

Dirk Manning is back!!!

www.NightmareWorld.com ran into some webhosting problems a while back that took us off-line for a few months... but we're back in effect, ya'll... and I don't want any of you to think I forgot about my old school peeps here.

I'm not afraid to say this... *sniff*... I missed you guys!

A lot has been shakin' with NIGHTMARE WORLD since my last appearance here, including a new publishing deal with APE COMICS and... wait for it... a BRAND NEW GRAPHIC NOVEL THAT'S SET TO BE RELEASED ON HALLOWEEN DAY!!!

It's late, and I'm tired, but here's some details... as well as a peek at the cover... be sure to let me know what you think! :cool:

NIGHTMARE WORLD Volume 1: "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell" is now available for pre-order in PREVIEWS.

The book is 144 booty-whuppin' pages and contains 13 NIGHTMARE WORLD stories (a majority of which have never been in print ANYWHERE), an introduction by Rex Mundi scribe Arvid Nelson, over 13 new never-before-seen-full color illustrations that introduce and "frame" the narrative of the stories and a massive sketchbook section (including character designs, script samples and more)... all topped-off with a gorgeous cover by Kristen Perry... and all for $19.95.

That's a helluva lot of horror goodness for less than a twenty-dollar bill, folks.

The book will is scheduled to be on shelves nationwide Halloween Day... BUT ONLY IF WE GET ENOUGHT PRE-ORDERS.

Remember, folks, I'm not working for Marvel or DC, and that means that MOST STORES WILL ONLY STOCK THIS BOOK IS YOU PRE-ORDER IT FROM THEM. That doesn't mean you'll have to pay for it upfront -- you won't have to do that until the book comes in -- but we need to hit a certain pre-order minimum in order to ensure my publisher that we can send the book to press.

After all, printing full-color graphic novels ain't exactly cheap, you know?

So -- that's where things stand now. Contact your local comicbook shop and ask them to PRE-ORDER you a copy of NIGHTMARE WORLD Volume 1. It's on Page 230 of PREVIEWS and the ORDER CODE is AUG07-3372.

To say I've poured my life and soul into this book -- especially considering everything that's been going on behind the scenes in my life this past year -- would be an understatement... so I'm now putting everything in all of your capable hands...

If this book is successful we can move forward with more volumes... hopefully eventually completing the whole 52 story sage in four neat graphic novels... let's make that happen.

Onwards. ONWARDS!!!

SINcerely,
Dirk Manning