Old 01-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to DeVuL Send a message via Yahoo to DeVuL
Introduction to the Internet

Well, cuz I'm new I'd figure this would be a good way to get to know a bunch of people and people can get to know me, even if it IS just a fraction of my life.....

How were YOU introduced to the internet??

Me? AOL, I visited my aunt one summer, she set up an aol account for me and it was downhill after that... nothing but chat rooms and instant msg'g... then I got into ICQ (does anyone still even use that???) then moved onto AIM/Yahoo.... tell ya what though, the internet gets pretty boring at times, I used to be addicted to Myspace and Facebook, now I can't STAND IT!! *bleh*

...Demon to some, Angel to others...

"Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!" -- "That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?" Aliens (1986)
Old 01-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Cranky

First- if you're "bored" on the internet the problem is a lack of imagination. There are more pages on the internet than there are people on the Earth. The internet is the greatest entertainment, education and enlightenment resource we have ever known. There's a whole lot more to the internet than IMs, Facebook & Myspace.

Second- How I Found Myself On the Internet: In the early 90s I had a friend who was a computer programmer. He got me into BBSing ... I spent hours playing Trade Wars, Legend of the Red Dragon and other BBS games, as well as posting on BBS networks like FIDOnet. Soon my friend started bringing home printouts of things he looked up on the internet at work.

I found I could get on the internet via lynx through a number the public library had. Surfing the internet in text mode was possible at that time. Soon I had my own shell account on a local ISP. Downloading computer games, programs and graphics was my main occupation at that time. As graphics became more prevalant online I was forced to upgrade to a graphical browser, and we had the great Netscape/IE war. Soon I was making websites and posting my writings and artwork online.

Blah blah blah- now I run an internet radio station, have met people IRL I've known from the internet- even been to an internet broadcaster's conference. I've even been back to some old BBS's via telnet, making the whole journey full circle.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-13-2009, 01:38 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
First- if you're "bored" on the internet the problem is a lack of imagination. There are more pages on the internet than there are people on the Earth. The internet is the greatest entertainment, education and enlightenment resource we have ever known. There's a whole lot more to the internet than IMs, Facebook & Myspace.

Second- How I Found Myself On the Internet: In the early 90s I had a friend who was a computer programmer. He got me into BBSing ... I spent hours playing Trade Wars, Legend of the Red Dragon and other BBS games, as well as posting on BBS networks like FIDOnet. Soon my friend started bringing home printouts of things he looked up on the internet at work.

I found I could get on the internet via lynx through a number the public library had. Surfing the internet in text mode was possible at that time. Soon I had my own shell account on a local ISP. Downloading computer games, programs and graphics was my main occupation at that time. As graphics became more prevalant online I was forced to upgrade to a graphical browser, and we had the great Netscape/IE war. Soon I was making websites and posting my writings and artwork online.

Blah blah blah- now I run an internet radio station, have met people IRL I've known from the internet- even been to an internet broadcaster's conference. I've even been back to some old BBS's via telnet, making the whole journey full circle.
That sounds too cool! I wish I had the capacity to do such things... as for being bored.. don't get me wrong.. I can find interesting things to do online just as the next person, I guess "bored" was the wrong word, it just grows tiresome, there's SO much to do.. I fall behind in what needs to be done OUTSIDE of the internet... it's terrible... then I get drowned in pages and profiles and games I can't see straight.. lol.. I do find myself at least once a day looking something up that interests me... so, I'm not all THAT bad, right?? :cool:

"Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!" -- "That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?" Aliens (1986)
Old 01-13-2009, 01:45 AM
I will eat you flesh

Since I been out of work for the last cuople on months I have found so much on ere and most are all strange things aswell but do look up on Tattoos alot because need more body art on me lol....

If was working dont think I would be on as much as I do now would rather be out at a gig or somewhere but net not all that bad if want something mega strange lol
Old 01-13-2009, 01:47 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbzilla2000 View Post
Since I been out of work for the last cuople on months I have found so much on ere and most are all strange things aswell but do look up on Tattoos alot because need more body art on me lol....

If was working dont think I would be on as much as I do now would rather be out at a gig or somewhere but net not all that bad if want something mega strange lol
I'm always looking at pics for new tattoo ideas.. I had to stop recently because I get depressed at how broke I am that I can't afford all my super cool ideas... :(

Old 01-13-2009, 01:50 AM
I will eat you flesh

I the lucky one then because the guitarest in the band I am he does mine for nothin all have have to pay him is for the needles .......... Just cant wait to get my Morbius the living Vampire finnished
Old 01-13-2009, 01:55 AM
Undead

Quote:
I the lucky one then because the guitarest in the band I am he does mine for nothin all have have to pay him is for the needles .......... Just cant wait to get my Morbius the living Vampire finnished
Well why don't you pour some salt on my wound while your at it! lol

Old 01-13-2009, 01:58 AM
I will eat you flesh

Sorry about that but I did feel the same when I had to stop having them done ..........
Old 01-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Undead

Quote:
Sorry about that but I did feel the same when I had to stop having them done ..........
Alright, well, as long as you feel my pain... :D

Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 AM
I will eat you flesh

Enjoy it realy lol.....Shin is not to nice getting tattooed ouch lol

Hope ya find someone who can do em ya for nothink soon ....