Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-22-2005, 06:33 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by noctuary
You mean people actually believe this is true? I mean, I know parts of the story were based on Ed Gein, but come on... how gullible can these people get?
Yep. I had a co-worker the other day that even thought the 'documentary' fottage was from the real event. hahaha
Old 11-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
The truth as in, there is no truth to it?

Leatherface is loosely based off Ed Gein and that's it. There was no family of cannibal killers, no chainsaw and it didn't happen in Texas. The real Ed Gein used to make furniture out of bones and wear people's skin as masks and that's what they borrowed for the character of Leatherface and the setting, but the rest of the movie is fiction.
Yeah Right.:rolleyes:
Next thing you gonna tell me is The Blair Witch wasn't true......sheesh:rolleyes:
Old 11-22-2005, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newb
Yeah Right.:rolleyes:
Next thing you gonna tell me is The Blair Witch wasn't true......sheesh:rolleyes:
No, no. The Blair Witch is real! My uncle has seen her!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:04 AM
InYourFace

Quote:
Yep. I had a co-worker the other day that even thought the \'documentary\' fottage was from the real event. hahaha
Yeah...next some idiot will think there were no actors in \"Cannibal Holocaust\" and that they were really killed.

hahaha
Old 11-22-2005, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by InYourFace
Yeah...next some idiot will think there were no actors in \"Cannibal Holocaust\" and that they were really killed.

hahaha
You are pathetic. And confused.

I never said there were no actors in it, justthat the jungle people weren't actors. I also never said anyone was killed in it, just that the penis chopping looked real enough that it wasn't absurd for shanks to ask the question in the first place.

You really need to grow up, Troll.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Banned

UH OH.....*looks around for 42NDStreet*
Old 11-22-2005, 11:25 AM
whatever gets you through

Quote:
Yeah, I know. They're fools. I read an interview with Gunnar Hanson (Leatherface) and he was saying that he used to have people come up to him and tell him they lived one county over from where the massacre took place or that their uncle was a prison guard at some prison in Texas and that's where one of the members of the family was being held. He'd set them straight and send 'em packin'.
no way dude - TCM is all exactly true - they are my relatives. . . not much on conversation or table manners but they make a mean Barbecue!

:D