Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Banned

cursed and the jacket

I have seen the jacket and cursed and they were ok not what i thought they would be . to me they were not horror at all . with the movie curse they made you feel like it would be something totally diffrent then what they advertise Wes Craven has made better not one of his best . The movie the jacket to me it is not all that horror more suspense then anything give them both a 5 OUT OF 10. To me they are not making horror movies like they use to.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:27 PM
I'M 37!!!

I watched the first 30-45 minutes of the movie and gave up on it. It just wasn't my kind of movie. Sad, too, because the previews were kick-ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Evil Dead

Did THE JACKET even come out in theatres? I remember seeing the trailers, but the move slipped by without my noticing (and I usually keep track of this kind of thing).

I was surprised to see the DVD on store shelves last week. Wondering if I should check it out. Reactions seem mixed/lukewarm here.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Keira Knightly is hot....yes....i would do her
Aha, but would she do you?

Those pauses and "yes" in the middle of that sentence are rather... unsettling.

Right, girls?
Old 07-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Candyman

I liked The Jacket

I didn't like Cursed but I didn't hate it.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Evil Dead

I thought it was going to be like Jacob's Ladder, but half in I could tell it was more like Butterfly Effect.

It's worth watching once, but I wouldn't want to see it again... I was a little bored at first, but ended up really into it.

Butterfly Effect was definitely better though.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:45 AM
debiant

Quote:
Originally posted by Shade
I can't tell a thing about this movie from the preview. I was thinking about renting this movie but if it's like the Butterfly Effect I'm not so sure. I hated that movie. HATED it. I'm sorry but the plot was crap. All I got out of it was a laugh when the little girl picked up the explosive "Ooh sparklers."
I wouldn't compare it to the Butterfly Effect so much as 12 Monkeys and Jacob's Ladder. A lot less stylized then 12 Monkey's and a lot more comprehensible than Jacob's Ladder. I thought this was a good movie. Par for the course Adrien Brody gives a wonderful performance.