Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Evil Dead

Vampires: Demagogues

Vampires are mythological humanoid creatures said to have a craving for human blood. Vampires extract blood from humans (usually with their protruding fangs) and drink it as a source of metaphysical energy.

Vampires have been depicted in countless folk tales, myths, novels, and films such as Bram Stoker's Dracula and Nosferatu.

Some people of the modern age have engaged in the cult-like practice of enacting vampirism rituals and ornamentation (if not the explicit drinking of blood).

Vampirism is not unlike cannibalism in that internal composition of the human body is ingested for energy, though vampires (unlike cannibals) usually only drink human blood and refrain from ingesting human flesh as food.

Vampirism has become a 'cult chic' horror-aesthetic phenomenon and the culture of mysticism-rich places such as Transylvania, Romania and New Orleans, Louisiana (USA) invite all kinds of cultish folk storytelling and Halloween-festive vampirism lore.

The allure of the vampire has made the creature the subject of numerous American horror films, and we can evaluate the socio-cultural impact that vampirism and vampire lore has had on the 'underworld mystique.'

In fact, the popular Underworld cult-horror film series presents various adventures and misdoings of vampires.

The vampire has arguably replaced the cannibal as the 'taboo symbol' of behavioural self-destruction.

Vampire

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vampire[1].jpg (24.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Horror Fan

Question

Do you believe actual vampires roam the earth?

Old 10-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Evil Dead

Wink Possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Do you believe actual vampires roam the earth?
Given that there is so much philosophical and metaphysical intrigue surrounding vampirism, I wouldn't be shocked beyond belief we discovered that there were actual humanoid evolutionary deviants who actually sought human blood.

However, it's simply a possibility, and vampires seem to thrive on being clandestine.

Old 10-06-2016, 03:33 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abishai100 View Post
Vampires are mythological humanoid creatures said to have a craving for human blood. Vampires extract blood from humans (usually with their protruding fangs) and drink it as a source of metaphysical energy.

Vampires have been depicted in countless folk tales, myths, novels, and films such as Bram Stoker's Dracula and Nosferatu.

Some people of the modern age have engaged in the cult-like practice of enacting vampirism rituals and ornamentation (if not the explicit drinking of blood).

Vampirism is not unlike cannibalism in that internal composition of the human body is ingested for energy, though vampires (unlike cannibals) usually only drink human blood and refrain from ingesting human flesh as food.

Vampirism has become a 'cult chic' horror-aesthetic phenomenon and the culture of mysticism-rich places such as Transylvania, Romania and New Orleans, Louisiana (USA) invite all kinds of cultish folk storytelling and Halloween-festive vampirism lore.

The allure of the vampire has made the creature the subject of numerous American horror films, and we can evaluate the socio-cultural impact that vampirism and vampire lore has had on the 'underworld mystique.'

In fact, the popular Underworld cult-horror film series presents various adventures and misdoings of vampires.

The vampire has arguably replaced the cannibal as the 'taboo symbol' of behavioural self-destruction.
I always enjoy you're write-ups, Abishai, one of a kind.

Why do you say, "The vampire is a 'taboo symbol' of behavioural self-destruction"?

I agree with vampires being a 'taboo symbol'. But why do you say, "of behavioural self-destruction"?

Old 10-07-2016, 09:28 AM
I am the turtle lord

I'm going Lamia hunting, anyone want to join me?
Only one draw back if you join in.
You'll have to pay for your own tickets to Greece.

Last edited by anglewitch; 10-07-2016 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:52 PM
This is a test

Unlike cannibals, mythological vampires had no choice but to drink blood. Any modern day "vampire " might think it's pretty hip to drink blood but they don't need to drink it to survive.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:09 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Unlike cannibals, mythological vampires had no choice but to drink blood. Any modern day "vampire " might think it's pretty hip to drink blood but they don't need to drink it to survive.
Those damn kids trying to be hip with blood drinking... it's so square.

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-07-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:17 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Those damn kids trying to be a hip with blood drinking... it's so square.
I know, right? I guess I have a soft spot when it comes to vampires. It's my favorite monster and if people want to role play or whatever, great, but they can drink all the blood in China and will still never be a vampire.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:05 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Those damn kids trying to be hip with blood drinking... it's so square.
It's always been the easier option being a blood consuming vampire.

Its the ear wax vampires I respect - talk about dedication. Wonder why they never made it into popular culture?

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 10-08-2016, 04:57 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post
It's always been the easier option being a blood consuming vampire.

Its the ear wax vampires I respect - talk about dedication. Wonder why they never made it into popular culture?