Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Evil Dead

Red,white and Blue.It was a slow burner but I really enjoyed the music ,the story and the style in which it was filmed.Gritty..I would deffo recommend.
Oh,and I saw Charlies Dad from Charlie and the chocolate factory in a different light I tell thee!
Old 08-05-2012, 02:07 AM
From The Beyond

The Woman (2011) I haven't read Jack Ketchum's book but I personally prefer to see a movie before I read the book and so tried to take this Lucky McKee directed film on it's own moments. It gets points for not going where the viewer expects it to. But I was a little bit disappointed with how rushed I felt it was. There was attempts made at characterization but the motivations of the characters wasn't developed fully enough for me-it felt like parts of it had been edited out so it didn't make enough logical sense to make the big reveals at the end to be believable enough or to have the true hard-hitting impact that was intended. A Very good try but not something I would watch again
Old 08-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Lovely Molly (2012)

The actress on the lead did a great job in her 'mentally tormented' role and the film delivers some creepy & interesting 'haunted house' set pieces with the help of some fine works in the sound department. As being one of the directors of 'infamous' Blair Witch Project, I guess Mr. Sanchez couldn't resist himself from using some POV shots here as they allow Molly to have a video camera in the story. Anyway, as a seemingly psychological horror with some supernatural overtone, this isn't a bad film overall but the plot suffers for some unanswered questions about Molly's past & an ending that was too smart but kinda unsatisfactory, IMO.

>>: B
Old 08-05-2012, 02:09 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
.....lol:D

no motivation for me is the best motivation. perfectly average family just fucking getting destroyed bacause of their own cruelty and stupidity. i loved it

You call that an average family?

You're probably russian but how crazy are you really? :D
Old 08-05-2012, 04:37 PM
HDC Idol

Looking forward to Lovely Molly...

Julia's Eyes (2010)

I think that this movie had a lot of potential - Good direction, great acting... And a pretty good concept. Plus, preying on a blind person is pretty nail-biting.

My issue though is that the end was pretty predictable and seriously went on FOREVER. Ugh. All in all, disappointed.

2/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I personally prefer to see a movie before I read the book
thats where you fucked up,ya gotta read the book first,everyone knows that the books allways better than the film...so whats the point of ruining a good book by watching the shitty movie version first
Old 08-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
The Woman (2011) I haven't read Jack Ketchum's book but I personally prefer to see a movie before I read the book and so tried to take this Lucky McKee directed film on it's own moments. It gets points for not going where the viewer expects it to. But I was a little bit disappointed with how rushed I felt it was. There was attempts made at characterization but the motivations of the characters wasn't developed fully enough for me-it felt like parts of it had been edited out so it didn't make enough logical sense to make the big reveals at the end to be believable enough or to have the true hard-hitting impact that was intended. A Very good try but not something I would watch again
I must say I really liked the film but I have not read the book. It was a far superior movie that the poor adaptation of one of the prequel books in the series - Offspring. Kinda shitty they didn't start with Off Season, I think there was problems with the rights to the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara View Post
Red,white and Blue.It was a slow burner but I really enjoyed the music ,the story and the style in which it was filmed.Gritty..I would deffo recommend.
Oh,and I saw Charlies Dad from Charlie and the chocolate factory in a different light I tell thee!
Loved that movie - I am a big Noah Taylor fan. Very different role for him.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 AM
Evil Dead

Ive just watched 'Dont look now 'again and it has reaffirmed my hatred of red raincoats and people of restricted growth.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Julia's Eyes (2010)

I think that this movie had a lot of potential - Good direction, great acting... And a pretty good concept. Plus, preying on a blind person is pretty nail-biting.

My issue though is that the end was pretty predictable and seriously went on FOREVER. Ugh. All in all, disappointed.

2/5.
See, V....there's something about Chrono :rolleyes:

[:D:D]
Old 08-06-2012, 06:24 AM
Banned

The Grey

not bad man vs nature...or more like man vs wolves

ending kind of pissed me off