Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-11-2003, 09:10 AM

horror movies make killers

i'm sick of hearing that watching a lot of horror movies will make you want to kill . i think that is bullshit. you are eather a murderer or your not. i would never want to see someone die for real, i'm just really,really,into horror movies.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
Granted violent movies and games and books and the like instills violent images and thoughts (even fantasies) into certain (and I stress certain) people, it's not going to have a catclysmic (sp?) effect on our society... The only way people can become violent and murderous, et cetera, from watching horror movies all the time is if they show one of the basic characteristics of insanity (or psychosis): not being able to tell the difference between the real world and the fantasy world, both inside their minds and outside of their minds.

Basically, don't give fucked up kids/people more incentive to do fucked up things.

Also, those people who use video games and movies as an excuse to pass the blame away from their acts (thus reducing any criminal sentence that they may be facing) really irk me as well. Their dishonesty tarnishes the image of all those who associate themselves with gamers or movie-junkies. Just because you're too fucked up to know the difference between Grand Theft Auto the game and shooting your daddy's shotgun into traffic one day means we all have to suffer? (This actually happened) Take some responsibility; you screwed up, so you should hang!

This is something I get really fervent about: losing my rights because somebody else is a complete idiot.

Oh well...

*FADE OUT*
Old 11-11-2003, 10:47 AM
Call Me Snake

Send a message via AIM to Plissken Send a message via Yahoo to Plissken
Those people use films as scapegoats
They are problably already seriously deranged
Old 11-11-2003, 10:47 AM
warprophet

i belive i answered to this about a week ago...but i might as well say it again, i always have to...
sane people dont go insane from movies, but i can belive an insane twisted individual could get an idea or two.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:53 AM
Horror Fan

There's already a thread on this.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Evil Bitch From HELL

Check out the thread called Horror Movies Made Me do it. originated by meetthecreeper on October 30.. You will find this is this exact topic and gathered a lot of great opinionated responses. ;)