Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Old 09-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Undead

mass shootings ? what's your opinion?

I don't know but anyway I don't think I'm going to be judged for this so here we go. what's everyone's opinions on mass shootings? like columbine virgina tech so on ? it's something that's always interested me just because I'd like to know what pushes people to commit these crimes. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. last Friday morning I actually lost a friend to a shooting in a supermarket in new jersey. and now it has me wondering even more.

whatever it is that pushes these people to do what they do let me just say I do not think its books or tv shows or music of video games or movies. I think that's bullshit. I think something has to be insanely wrong with them. but why aren't we able to prevent these things from happening ?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Horror Fan

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by natthezombabeee View Post
I don't know but anyway I don't think I'm going to be judged for this so here we go. what's everyone's opinions on mass shootings? like columbine virgina tech so on ? it's something that's always interested me just because I'd like to know what pushes people to commit these crimes. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. last Friday morning I actually lost a friend to a shooting in a supermarket in new jersey. and now it has me wondering even more.

whatever it is that pushes these people to do what they do let me just say I do not think its books or tv shows or music of video games or movies. I think that's bullshit. I think something has to be insanely wrong with them. but why aren't we able to prevent these things from happening ?
Indeed it's not movies/music/games that are the motive it is evil as it exists in this burning world, horror movies only remind us of its extreme and even supernatural expressions.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Indeed it's not movies/music/games that are the motive it is evil as it exists in this burning world, horror movies only remind us of its extreme and even supernatural expressions.
completely agreed. I read a book and in the begining of it was a note from the author it was probably the most genius thing I ever read it made so much sense to me. it basically went along the lines of if you think I'm fucked up for writing this book imagine what I would do if I hadn't wrote it.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:34 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
completely agreed. I read a book and in the begining of it was a note from the author it was probably the most genius thing I ever read it made so much sense to me. it basically went along the lines of if you think I'm fucked up for writing this book imagine what I would do if I hadn't wrote it.
That author should be forced to give up writing and be hired to star in all "reality" TV shows...Or be a "gangster" rapper's bodyguard
Old 09-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
That author should be forced to give up writing and be hired to star in all "reality" TV shows...Or be a "gangster" rapper's bodyguard
why ? I think movies and games and writing is an amazing way to express yourself. I mean obviously a lot of people get pissed off throughout the day sitting in traffic someone is rude to them whatever the case is and everyone has a different way to cope with it. some people will beat people up some people will cry some people go out and kill people and some people write movies or books. I'm not saying everyone that writes and directs horror movies makes them instead of going out and killing people but some people make movie personal expirences. like Michael Myers in Rob zombies Halloween he starts off killing people who were jerks to him like his step dad that called him a girl and treated his mom like shit. I don't know just a thought
Old 09-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Evil Dead

Using a gun from afar is impersonal .More often than not the people that commit the crimes are loners (postal workers!) and a bit thick.Maybe they derive a sense of power from taking down innocents.Who knows? everyone is different.
I got bullied in school relentlessly but didnt feel the need to dispense my own brand of justice in the form of a gun .I did however spit a massive wad of gum in his hair when I saw him years later in the cinema.That was deeply pleasing ..watching him try to retrieve the sticky mass from his eighties permed hair.Muhahahahhaahahahha!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:11 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara View Post
Using a gun from afar is impersonal .More often than not the people that commit the crimes are loners (postal workers!) and a bit thick.Maybe they derive a sense of power from taking down innocents.Who knows? everyone is different.
I got bullied in school relentlessly but didnt feel the need to dispense my own brand of justice in the form of a gun .I did however spit a massive wad of gum in his hair when I saw him years later in the cinema.That was deeply pleasing ..watching him try to retrieve the sticky mass from his eighties permed hair.Muhahahahhaahahahha!
lmfao that's awesome. yeah I get what you're saying but thats how a lot of horror movies are too like pirhanna Dd that asshole guy gets his head chopped off for being an asshole. a lot of people won't kill someone who pisses them off but it's always good to see karma get them !
Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
why ? I think movies and games and writing is an amazing way to express yourself. I mean obviously a lot of people get pissed off throughout the day sitting in traffic someone is rude to them whatever the case is and everyone has a different way to cope with it. some people will beat people up some people will cry some people go out and kill people and some people write movies or books. I'm not saying everyone that writes and directs horror movies makes them instead of going out and killing people but some people make movie personal expirences. like Michael Myers in Rob zombies Halloween he starts off killing people who were jerks to him like his step dad that called him a girl and treated his mom like shit. I don't know just a thought
Actually on reflection, the other way round is better-I would rather he killed a ton of people (preferably those previously mentioned) then wrote a book or made a movie based on his experiences.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I find it laughable when people attempt to blame movies/games/books for bad things that happen. It happens every generation. "These kids and their newfangled ____________". I also agree that it is good that someone creates something based on their experiences. Mostly that is the reason everyone does, it has a therapeutic affect.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel65 View Post
I find it laughable when people attempt to blame movies/games/books for bad things that happen. It happens every generation. "These kids and their newfangled ____________". I also agree that it is good that someone creates something based on their experiences. Mostly that is the reason everyone does, it has a therapeutic affect.
exactly. they take it from oh the kid listens to slayer to oh the kids parents let him listen to slayer what other horrible things do they do?! they obviously don't pay attention he most be neglected. they make it into a huge deal and it's all just stupid. I haven't killed anyone yet. and don't have plans to you know ?