Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Re: The Eye!

Quote:
Originally posted by ichi the killer
Others to watch, Dark water, the Grudge all three Ring movies if you ain't seen them. Has anyone seen Spiral i was thinking of buying it.
yes
Old 10-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
... Those are very small, unimportant elements and I think you are thinking of Ringu 2... ... Going back to a small hometown at the start of a horror to find out what happend is a constant in horror, long before either of these movies!

The Eye is a movie to make you jump for the most part relying on sudden shocks ... "What are you doing in my chair" where as I would say Ringu is a creepy movie in which the fear builds...

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 10-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Quote:
Originally posted by ichi the killer
the Eye , if anything was closer to sixth Sense than Ringu but true what you're saying. The grudge good as it is, the main protaginist is a carbon copy of sadako. Liked that Straw man thing.
I would say it was closer to Sixth Sense as well ... although much better than Sixth ...

Sixth itself can be said to be influenced by Jacobs Ladder, Carnival of Souls and other movies of that type ... after 100 years of Cinema everything has an influence!

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 10-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Banned

I havnt seen Ringu yet, but I will soon.

Blockbuster doesnt have The Grude/Dark Water/Spiral (Uzumaki, if Im not mistaken)....Ive tried downloading Grudge (I like seeing the original before the remake, which I really wanna see) but have no luck...

I did think it seemed kinda like 6th Scence though...In a way. Much better though
Old 10-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Hero
I havnt seen Ringu yet, but I will soon.

Blockbuster doesnt have The Grude/Dark Water/Spiral (Uzumaki, if Im not mistaken)....Ive tried downloading Grudge (I like seeing the original before the remake, which I really wanna see) but have no luck...

I did think it seemed kinda like 6th Scence though...In a way. Much better though
uzumaki (vortex) and the spiral are different films.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Scares Little Kids

I really liked The Eye. I've seen Ringu as well, and prefer it over The Ring.

I'm interested in seeing Ju-on : The Grudge. There's also Ju-on : The Curse. I read on another forum that one was supposed to be a lot better than the other, but I can't remember which.:confused: :(
Old 10-16-2004, 07:28 PM
Stalk me please...

Send a message via AIM to thEsounDofdirT
k.. i really enjoyed the plot/story here.. but i really think it was delivered rather poorly...

i have heard that tom cruise bought the rights to this movie and that it'll be redone... and i'm thinking if this occurs.. it will be very frightening and one great movie

the bad cg really made for some disappointment for me as i watched.. but there were some elements of surprise that were really quite unnerving (in a good way)

Check out my DVD collection!

Check out my new project - spoonPhase
Old 10-18-2004, 03:49 AM
Banned

The Eye is similar but superior to The Sixth Sense, because; no "isn't he a marvellous little actor!" cute kids to distract from the point, It has no recognisable stars to carry the story, and the revelatory ending is not anticipated right from the opening scenes.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:52 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Shade
Quote:
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
The Eye is similar but superior to The Sixth Sense, because; no "isn't he a marvellous little actor!" cute kids to distract from the point, It has no recognisable stars to carry the story, and the revelatory ending is not anticipated right from the opening scenes.
There was too a cute kid >.>;;. Wonderful movie though. Managed to scare me without excessive gore. I'm difficult to scare but when the main character was learning calligraphy and the...torso ghost...flew at her...geez...I was ashamed. Even if I was alone I really over reacted. Pet cat thought I was insane.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:36 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ichi the killer
Quote:
Originally posted by Shade
There was too a cute kid >.>;;. Wonderful movie though. Managed to scare me without excessive gore. I'm difficult to scare but when the main character was learning calligraphy and the...torso ghost...flew at her...geez...I was ashamed. Even if I was alone I really over reacted. Pet cat thought I was insane.
I loved the guy in the lift. The wife hates it when i get Asian horror its the only thing that really scares her. She watched the Grudge & it got in her head for weeks lmao. The Asians are leading the way in horror at the moment just like they did with action films a few years ago. just hope they don t fuck up the remake like they did with Ring.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the Angels in Heaven you've never seen evil so singularly personified..... as you did in the face of the man who KILLED you.

When the earth spits out the dead, they will return to tear the flesh from the living!