Old 10-27-2005, 07:49 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by gorefreak
"Psycho" did have good acting, and the plotline was okay, but it had almost a scene-for-scene remake. Okay for a film in general, but as for a scary movie, it fell flat. The kill scenes looked as if it could be for a modern made-for-TV film. Not too bad, but I wasn't very impressed with it.
Worse than scene for scene. It was actually shot for shot. Talk about unoriginal.... They didn't have to do 1 thing that hadn't already been done for that movie. To this day, I refuse to watch the Psycho remake.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChEEbA
Meet the fockers: Funny, decent follow-up, but IMO, not near as funny as Meet the Parents was.

I agree completely. Good sequel, but not as good as the first one.

Quote:
The Terminal: Very good...interesting to think that things like this (albeit not to the extent) happen all the time...good story, good performances all around. Quite funny, yet also pretty sad in parts...very watchable, good film.
Ugh! I disagree completely. I thought this was one of the dullest, slowest moving, least funny Tom Hanks movies I've ever seen in my life. Hated it!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ugh! I disagree completely. I thought this was one of the dullest, slowest moving, least funny Tom Hanks movies I've ever seen in my life. Hated it!
Well, it was a movie abuot a guy stuck in an airport...I dunno what you'd expect. Yeah, it wasn't laugh out loud funny, in fact, I thought it was more sad than funny, but still found it watchable all the same...guess it's just a difference in taste.

I just got done watching Catwoman...People abuse the hell out of this movie...I won't. I mean, it wasn't great. The storyline was water-thin, the dialogue cheesy. However, I thought the fight scenes were quite well done, the CG was clearly evident, but didn't wreck certain scenes (as it did in blade 2...the doll fighting...haha), intruducing a new character as catwoman wasn't all that bad - I can't tell you HOW MANY comics have done the same. All in all, I enjoyed it more than the hulk.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

El Bola 10 / 10

El_Bola
Old 10-27-2005, 12:27 PM

"Star Wars 3"...better than 1 and 2.....but not great....number 5 is still my favorite Star Wars movie
Old 10-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Your funeral... my trial

Same here, slasherman. I just watched Cube. Very, very tense film with some horrific death scenes. Not really a horror movie, but it's close. I understand there were some sequels made too, so I'll be checking those out as well.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
Worse than scene for scene. It was actually shot for shot. Talk about unoriginal.... They didn't have to do 1 thing that hadn't already been done for that movie. To this day, I refuse to watch the Psycho remake.
"Shot for Shot", eh. Oh well, I haven't seen the original version in so long that.... :) Don't worry about not seeing it. There's nothing special about it. At least I saw that on Comcast's On Demand and it cost nothing. ;)
Quote:
Originally posted by noctuary
Same here, slasherman. I just watched Cube. Very, very tense film with some horrific death scenes. Not really a horror movie, but it's close. I understand there were some sequels made too, so I'll be checking those out as well.
I didn't care for Cube too much. Cube would've been better if they had more paper characters in there solely for brutal death scenes, but the movie in general was dragged out too long. Cube would've been better as perhaps a "Tales From The Crypt" episode.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:33 PM

"The Prowler" ...a slasher from the early 80's...as a slasher its ok..better than "Prom Night"
Old 10-28-2005, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChEEbA
All in all, I enjoyed it more than the hulk.
That's not exactly saying much. The Hulk was terrible!

Well, Thursday was the first time Netflix has let me down. I got an email saying Haute Tension would be arriving Thursday and it didn't show up. :mad: So I ended up watching Bubba Ho-Tep again instead. I already reviewed it in this thread so I won't give it a full run down again, but it's enjoyable. Bruce Cambpell is great as usual and some of the plot is just so off the wall that you can't help but laugh out loud. Good flick. B
Old 10-28-2005, 05:21 AM
Evil Dead

Adding dark humor to a horror film is Bruce Campbell's forte. Not so much in "Evil Dead", but a tad in "Evil Dead 2" and a whole lot in "Army Of Darkness".