Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Living Dead

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Northern Hemisphere, North America, Gaia (Planet Earth), Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse
Send a message via MSN to mlauzon
A top * list doesn't necessarily have to be favourites, it could just be a list of what is good, what is bad, etc.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
ANY list without Ginger Snaps on it, be it for decade or of all time, is mine enemy.

I agree with about half of it. Then again, I imagine that's about the ratio of our top 100.

As for Saw, it seems easy nowaday to forget how awe inspiring and genre changing the original movie was. I'm not going to call anyone who says they weren't shocked and pleased with the (at the time not overdone) twist ending a liar; but if you weren't shocked and pleased at the twist ending, you're a liar. Saw was an incredible breakthrough for the genre in that it was one of the first majorly franchised movies in two decades. Whether or not it deserves to be as high on the list based on the movie itself is debatable (I would have put it slightly lower, but not much.) I don't think anyone can disagree that it deserves to be on the list, however, and probably very high up.

+1 for ginger snaps
Old 01-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Living Dead

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Northern Hemisphere, North America, Gaia (Planet Earth), Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse
Ginger Snaps was a great movie, the sequels not so much, however, my favourite character from Ginger Snaps: Unleashed had to be Ghost! I saw both movies at advance screenings, however the screening for the first one a few of the cast were in attendance and if I remember correctly the writer was there and a few producers.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:01 PM
The Spine Splitter

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Loomis Send a message via MSN to Doctor Loomis Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Loomis
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldito_x View Post
there's no excuse for pan's labrynth being left off, and paranormal activity deserves to be in the top 5. i guess its ok, not great though, no wonder u left that forum

paranormal sucks, and is highly overrated tbh
Old 01-31-2010, 02:20 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Loomis View Post
paranormal sucks, and is highly overrated tbh
I agree, and also saw it before the hype, the movie was still shit and I can't believe there's going to be a PA2 coming out.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlauzon View Post
I still can't believe that "Drag Me To Hell" even made the list, it was a bad movie, and made for young teens and not for adults; SotD is more of a comedy than a horror movie, so IMHO it shouldn't've made the list.
GRRRRR I know seriously what the fuck is with these morons putting SotD in EVERY FUCKING horror movie list !!

What part of HORROR MOVIE are they not getting?????

It's CLEARLY a comedy!! and to put it in a list with session 9 and saw, paranormal act you know movies that are actually horror movies is just absolutely FUCKING RETARDED!!!

This SotD being mentioned in best horror movie lists has become a real pet peeve of mine.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:33 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorghost View Post
GRRRRR I know seriously what the fuck is with these morons putting SotD in EVERY FUCKING horror movie list !!

What part of HORROR MOVIE are they not getting?????

It's CLEARLY a comedy!! and to put it in a list with session 9 and saw, paranormal act you know movies that are actually horror movies is just absolutely FUCKING RETARDED!!!

This SotD being mentioned in best horror movie lists has become a real pet peeve of mine.
Its a comedy horror film - as already mentioned zombies clearly put it in the horror genre....

Last edited by Ferox13; 02-01-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlauzon View Post
I agree, and also saw it before the hype, the movie was still shit and I can't believe there's going to be a PA2 coming out.
I have to admit that I didn't really like Paranormal Activity, and I was expecting something better...Or just something 'good', really...This has to be one of the most overrated movies of all-time...Perhaps the people who really like this one, are the same people who didn't mind sitting through all of Audition because the last 20 minutes were good...I'm just not one of those people.

Instead of PA2, check out P2...It gets ahold of you in the first 15-20 minutes, and doesn't let go :)...P2 is one of the most underrated movies, in my opinion.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Instead of PA2, check out P2...It gets ahold of you in the first 15-20 minutes, and doesn't let go :)...P2 is one of the most underrated movies, in my opinion.
I've picked that up at the store a few times but never given it a hire. I should check it out!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I've picked that up at the store a few times but never given it a hire. I should check it out!
Let me know if you like it :)