Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning in Hell View Post
It was good for a remake, but nowhere near as good as Rec. The girl is less annoying in Rec, and the ending is a LOT more intense in the orignal version. But I've seen far worse as remakes go, that's for sure.i
The girl in Rec is less annoying? and I thought she was annoying as fuck heh... noway im seeing this remake. I was very pleased with Rec and I will stick with that orginal version. Spanish horror ftw

Last edited by ZombieSalad; 02-18-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSalad View Post
The girl in Rec is less annoying? and I thought she was annoying as fuck heh... noway im seeing this remake. I was very pleased with Rec and I will stick with that orginal version. Spanish horror ftw
Yup, in Quarantine, she's just unbearable and over the top, while in Rec, I found the way she panicks more realistic.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:44 PM
mostly ghostly?

Yeah, I thought the girl in [REC] was great. Sure, she's panicking relentlessly, but her situation certainly warrants that. She did a great job making it seem very natural and indeed "real".
Old 02-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Scares Little Kids

I saw it on Saturday. It was STUPID. The best part was the last 20 minutes......>.> SUCKED. Grrrrr.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:10 PM
EVERY DAY IS A HAPPY DAY

Send a message via Skype™ to crazy raplh
what were they like mutate people?

http://www.yourwellnessbreakthrough.com/jdrewien/
Old 03-01-2009, 01:20 PM
BH14

I haven't seen Rec but I really enjoyed Quarantine a lot and I thought Jennifer Carpenter's acting was fine. She was just as good in "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" as well. Another movie that I enjoyed. I like how this movie is mostly shot in the darkness and then has it "pop out" scenes. The "zombies" are really creepy as well. It is a must see!

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 03-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Evil Dead

I pretty much agree with BH14.

Haven't seen [REC] due to the fact that I don't like watching movies with sub-titles, but I did watch Quarantine for the first time a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it.

I don't understand the hate for Carpenter's performance. In my opinion she brilliantly captured the reaction of a terrified young and immature girl in an unimaginably horrific situation.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:55 AM
mnemonic

I really liked this movie a lot and thought it was one of the best horror films of the year. I still have yet to see [Rec] but I really want to, especially since a sequel is coming out for it now.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick_As_Fuck View Post
I pretty much agree with BH14.

Haven't seen [REC] due to the fact that I don't like watching movies with sub-titles, but I did watch Quarantine for the first time a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it.
You are definately missing out. In my opinion, the best horror flicks are coming from Europe nowadays. Setting aside all of them, because subtitles annoy you is just ignorant.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

[REC] is really good and Quarantine is a fine remake. If you haven't seen either, I recommend you first watch Quarantine... you will enjoy it without prejudice and then you can still take enjoyment in the superior Spanish version.

and
Sick_As_Fuck:
you're missing out on an entire world of awesome cinema by not watching films with subtitles.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon