Old 04-16-2007, 03:04 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Woman Lived With Dead Sister For Weeks

Canton Woman Lived With Dead Body For Weeks

Canton Township, Michigan -- An autopsy planned for Thursday could help solve the gruesome mystery of why a Canton Township woman chose to live with the dead body of her sister for as long as three weeks.

Police were tight-lipped today about whether they'll pursue charges against a 28-year-old woman whose 19-year-old roommate, identified as her sister, was found late Tuesday night underneath a pile of clothes on the living room floor of their apartment.

The body of the 19-year-old was found late last night on the living room floor of an apartment in the 41000 block of Heathmore. Police were led to the apartment by an anonymous telephone call reporting someone had been living in the apartment with a dead person for three weeks.

"Our detectives knocked at the door and the woman opened it and there is that odor, and you know right away what it is," said Canton Police Detective Rick Pomorski.

Officers were invited into the apartment and saw the body on the floor, covered by items of clothing.

"She knew her roommate was there lying on the living room floor," Pomorski said. "She did give us a story as to her reasonings. We are hesitant to detail that now. We will be piecing everything together and expect to have better answers when we hear from the medical examiner."

The 28-year-old, who was identified only as the apartment lease-holder, was cooperative with police and accompanied them to headquarters for questioning. Pomorski said she is not under arrest.

Police went to the apartment after getting a call about 11:20 p.m. Tuesday. A warrant to search the dwelling was obtained after the living occupant accompanied police to headquarters for questioning. Crime scene technicians were still at the scene this morning.

"She lived in the apartment, but she wasn't an invalid shut-in," Pomorski said about the surviving resident. "She came and went."

Police said they have tentatively identified the victim, but declined to release a name.

"We will wait for a cause of death and positive ID from the medical examiner," Pomorski said. "The roommate's story may turn out to be true or false. We expect we'll have better answers tomorrow."

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be