Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Michael Jackson Bids On eBay For Ghost

Jackson Bid To Buy Ghost

Singer Michael Jackson is reported to be bidding on a genuine Irish ghost "trapped in a bottle".

The bottle, owned by retired mill worker John McMenamin from Spamount, County Tyrone, is for sale on eBay.

Since then, it has been reported in a national newspaper that an agent representing Michael Jackson is involved in the bidding.

Mr McMenamin discovered it partially cemented into a bricked-up window 25 years ago.

It is at least 100 years old and was said to be placed there by a priest following a failed exorcism.

He believes it contains the ghost of a rogue landlord who took his own life several years ago.

John McMenamin's sister, Marie Maguire, told BBC Northern Ireland's Nolan Show that her brother wanted to pass on the responsibility of owning a ghost to someone else.

Haunted Home

"The bottle has black dust in it and is sealed with a page from the Bible," she said.

The McMenamins moved into the reputedly haunted mill house in Spamount in the 1950s.

"The big house we moved into was divided into three homes and we all knew it was haunted," she explained.

"The previous people wanted out and did a swap with us because of the ghost. My mother believed in getting the house blessed and the power of holy water."

Mrs Maguire said that the ghost was supposed to be that of the house's original owner who got a young girl pregnant in the 19th century. She hanged herself and local people made his life a misery. So he took his own life.

Legend has it that the hauntings started shortly after that.

She said a priest tried to exorcise the ghost, trapped it in a bottle and sealed it up in a window.

Their house was definitely haunted, she said.

"I remember, as a child, waking up, screaming that somebody was looking at me in bed.

"My brother had several experiences, as if something was coming up the bed, like a cat's paws."

When her brother told her recently that he had the bottle, she decided to put it up for sale on eBay.

"I described it as a genuine Irish ghost in a bottle. We wanted to get somebody who would treat it with respect," she said.

Mrs Maguire told BBC News Online on Friday that she could not confirm that Michael Jackson was bidding on the ghost.

She has not been able to access the eBay on her computer - a clear case of a ghost in the machine.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 11-07-2004, 10:54 AM
The horror of the minds

It wouldn't surpise if Micheal Jackson was actually bidding on it. I mean been in the appers allot lately doing very wiered and sicking things.
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Horror Fan

My friend tried selling his soul on Ebay. They made him take it down because it wasn't a "tangible item". But some guy from Montana had bid on it.

Old 11-08-2004, 01:36 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
great, now he's gonna try and ass-rape ghosts

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE