Old 09-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Road Rage With Machete

Machete-Wielding Motorist Allegedly Stalks Couple

Suspect not found, no reason cited for altercation

VINELAND -- A motorist armed with a machete repeatedly tried to ram his car into another vehicle during a bizarre chase early Sunday morning along Chestnut Avenue and Delsea Drive.

Authorities later found the car and weapon, but made no arrests and offered no explanation for the attack.

A 21-year-old Elm Road man was driving with his girlfriend on West Chestnut Avenue around 1 a.m. when he noticed a car following closely behind him, police said. The car twice pulled alongside the victims and tried to swerve into their vehicle but missed, police said.

The aggressive driver pulled into Chestnut Square Apartments, and the couple followed to find out why he was trying to harm them. The man, whom they didn't recognize, then got out of the car holding the machete and began scraping the knife back and forth on the ground, police said.

The victims stayed in their vehicle. They fled when the man, who was wearing a long coat, began approaching them while swinging the machete, police said.

The attacker got back into his car and began pursuing them again. After trying to back into the victims' vehicle at the apartment complex, he allegedly chased them southbound on Delsea Drive.

The driver smashed into the rear of their vehicle twice -- near Discount Town Liquors at the Chestnut Avenue intersection and then by the Stewart's root beer stand. No injuries were reported.

The motorist fled, but a description provided by the victims enabled police to find the Plymouth Sundance abandoned at Park Towne Apartments on West Chestnut Avenue. Inside the vehicle, they found the machete and several unopened beer cans.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 09-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Perhaps Jason has learned how to drive:eek:

:D

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be