Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Hit And Run Perpetrator Hides Corpse

Update: Suspect In Bizarre Accident Pleads Not Guilty

Kenneth Borger of New Jersey pleaded not guilty Friday to charges stemming from a bizarre accident in May.

The accident took place in Lewis County on county route 46, also known as the Osceola Road.

Plea negotiations are underway between Borger's lawyer and Lewis County district attorney Michael Young.

During Friday's court appearance, it was expected Borger would enter some sort of guilty plea. However, because the plea agreement is not yet final, he pleaded 'not guilty.'

It was not immediately known what issues are left to be resolved.

Young told reporters he expects the case to be settled in October.

On May 1, 2004, Borger, 25, traveled to the North Country with a friend, 39 year old Lori Stillman, also of New Jersey.

Police said the couple was headed to the very southern tip of Lewis County to Borger’s family camp in the West Leyden-Osceola area.

Borger told police he had a traffic accident on County Route 46 as he was driving back to camp.

He told police Stillman was injured and that he tried reviving her with CPR; he also said he tried calling 911.

Witnesses told police they saw the couple drinking at a local tavern in the West Leyden area prior to the accident.

Stillman died, and Borger told police he panicked at the accident scene, dragged Stillman’s body across the road and left the body under a pine tree.

He then said he ran to a neighbor’s house, stole a car and telephoned his girlfriend in New Jersey.

Police believe Borger called his girlfriend, 25 year old Erica Robertson, up to Lewis County, where they allegedly wrapped Stillman's body in a tarp and drove it to Mercer County, New Jersey.

Officials said Borger eventually showed police where he buried Stillman’s body.

The body was found buried deep in a hole, down a slope from Interstate 195 in New Jersey.

Borger was charged in New Jersey with tampering with physical evidence, hindering apprehension, obstruction of administration of law and making false reports to police.

Borger is charged in Lewis County with vehicular manslaughter, leaving the scene of a fatal accident and tampering with physical evidence.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be