#101  
Old 06-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Gnaghi's Avatar
Gnaghi Gnaghi is offline
Undead
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 65
i liked it................. when it was called the hills have eyes.

wrong turn is a terrible excuse for a horror film. It just didnt credit the movies they ripped off.
__________________
"Exterminate all rational thought. That is the conclusion I have come to. "
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 06-28-2005, 07:39 PM
bwind22's Avatar
bwind22 bwind22 is offline
No charge for awesomeness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 11,210
Quote:
Originally posted by Gnaghi
i liked it................. when it was called the hills have eyes.

wrong turn is a terrible excuse for a horror film. It just didnt credit the movies they ripped off.
:rolleyes:

Wrong Turn is waaay more gore filled and fast paced than Hills Have Eyes. About the only thing I can see in common here is the fact that they are stuck and being chased around by inbreds, and if that's what you're referencing, then Texas Chainsaw Massacre beat them both to it.

Every movie borrows parts from other movies. How often do you see any movie give credit where it's due? (Unless it's a remake by the same name.)


Also, the watch tower part didn't bother me. I'm pretty sure what they did is do-able at least. (I'm not saying they all would have landed safely in the tree, but they could have. It doesn't seem that impossible to me.) When I was younger, we used toplay 'Ditch' all the time. I jumped from my deck into a tree and caught the branches much like they did in the movie. (Now granted, mine was a much lower and more parrallel jump, but still... I think in a life or death situation, it'd be achievable.)

Last edited by bwind22; 06-28-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 06-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Gnaghi's Avatar
Gnaghi Gnaghi is offline
Undead
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
:rolleyes:

Wrong Turn is waaay more gore filled and fast paced than Hills Have Eyes. About the only thing I can see in common here is the fact that they are stuck and being chased around by inbreds, and if that's what you're referencing, then Texas Chainsaw Massacre beat them both to it.

Every movie borrows parts from other movies. How often do you see any movie give credit where it's due? (Unless it's a remake by the same name.)


Also, the watch tower part didn't bother me. I'm pretty sure what they did id do-able at least. (I'm not saying they all could have landed safely in the tree, but they could have. It doesn't seem that impossible to me.) When I was younger, we used toplay 'Ditch' all the time. I jumped from my deck into a tree and caught the branches much like they did in the movie. (Now granted, mine was a much lower and more parrallel jump, but still... I think in a life or death situation, it'd be achievable.)
Yeah thats cool but your stupid and theyve said now that he wrote the script after watching hills have eyes and deliverance. Also they were inbred mongoloids correct hmmm just like in hills have eyes.
__________________
"Exterminate all rational thought. That is the conclusion I have come to. "
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 06-28-2005, 10:11 PM
TheOmen's Avatar
TheOmen TheOmen is offline
Fascist Zombie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The cesspool of irony
Posts: 223
Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
Who gives a shit? It's still better than the usual watered down bullshit that comes out.

Since you think it's a ripoff of Hills Have Eyes, I guess you hate House of 1000 Corpses because it ripped off ...umm...every horror movie made in the 70's?!

Wrong Turn is not great. It might not even be good, but it's certainly not horrible.
__________________
"Big deal, death comes with the territory......see you in Disneyland."
RICHARD RAMIREZ (his reaction to receiving 19 death sentences)
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 06-28-2005, 11:59 PM
bwind22's Avatar
bwind22 bwind22 is offline
No charge for awesomeness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 11,210
Quote:
Originally posted by Gnaghi
Yeah thats cool but your stupid and theyve said now that he wrote the script after watching hills have eyes and deliverance. Also they were inbred mongoloids correct hmmm just like in hills have eyes.
Okay first of all, if they said that, then it would seem that they are giving credit to films that they were inspired by (Not stole from.) so you have just muted your whole original point. Sit down and shut the fuck up you dumbass newbie.

Who said they were inbred mongoloids in Wrong Turn? They're all fucked up in some way or another but not neccesarily mongoloids. And even if they are/were 'mongoloids' in Wrong Turn, this whole point is fucking stupid... What? No one can ever use an inbred again in a movie because Texas Chainsaw Massacre did it first? (Not Hills Have Eyes, you dumbshit! Hills obviously was inspired by something and my guess would TCM which came out like 3 years before it.) Anyways, if that's the case, then I guess the vampire genre is fucked because Nosferatu beat them all to using a vampire and every film put out after it must have been copying it, right? That's your stupid ass logic at work... :rolleyes:

What a retard. Go away.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 06-29-2005, 12:12 AM
Gnaghi's Avatar
Gnaghi Gnaghi is offline
Undead
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
Okay first of all, if they said that, then it would seem that they are giving credit to films that they were inspired by (Not stole from.) so you have just muted your whole original point. Sit down and shut the fuck up you dumbass newbie.

Who said they were inbred mongoloids in Wrong Turn? They're all fucked up in some way or another but not neccesarily mongoloids. And even if they are/were 'mongoloids' in Wrong Turn, this whole point is fucking stupid... What? No one can ever use an inbred again in a movie because Texas Chainsaw Massacre did it first? (Not Hills Have Eyes, you dumbshit! Hills obviously was inspired by something and my guess would TCM which came out like 3 years before it.) Anyways, if that's the case, then I guess the vampire genre is fucked because Nosferatu beat them all to using a vampire and every film put out after it must have been copying it, right? That's your stupid ass logic at work... :rolleyes:

What a retard. Go away.
First off not a newb this is krugerkid13 so shut up. 2nd of they didnt give it credit cause the mainstream audience was not told this it was on an online interview not to mention it didnt appear in the credits. Also tcm didnt do it first deliverance did which i listed above as ripping it off. Deliverance (1972) 2 years before tcm.
__________________
"Exterminate all rational thought. That is the conclusion I have come to. "
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 06-29-2005, 12:27 AM
TheOmen's Avatar
TheOmen TheOmen is offline
Fascist Zombie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The cesspool of irony
Posts: 223
Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
TCM is far different than Deliverance.
__________________
"Big deal, death comes with the territory......see you in Disneyland."
RICHARD RAMIREZ (his reaction to receiving 19 death sentences)
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 06-29-2005, 05:15 AM
bwind22's Avatar
bwind22 bwind22 is offline
No charge for awesomeness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 11,210
Okay, I didn't know you were krueger, so you're not a newb, congratulations.



But you are still completely missing the point.

It doesn't matter if Deliverance, TCM, Hills, and Wrong Turn all have inbreds in them, that doesn't neccesarily mean that anything was copied. None of those movies invented the idea of inbreeding.

I happen to think all 4 of them are pretty good movies, however I don't see many similarities between Wrong Turn and Deliverance or Hills Have Eyes. Only in the vaguest most general sense of the main characters all being stuck in the middle of nowhere surrounded by inbreds do I see any similarity. I don't see them in storyline, direction, gore, or anything else for that matter.

If this is all you are referencing, then yeah... I suppose they are alike in the same way that all zombie movies are about zombies or all vampire movies are about vampires. But, to me, that's where the similarities stop.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 06-29-2005, 05:34 AM
Vodstok's Avatar
Vodstok Vodstok is offline
Fear scented candle
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The edge of forever
Posts: 13,650
Deliverance, 1972
Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 1974
The Hills Have Eyes, 1977

That should clear things up a bit.

Now, 2 points. No one is required, morally or otherwise, to publicly announce the inspiration for any movie or artwork. Independance day didnt publically give credit to V, The Day the Earth Stoofd Still, War of the Worlds, or the dozen other movies it borrowed from, but big deal. if you noticed, good for you. if not, whatever.

They dont tell the mainstream audience, because they could give a shit lewss. That is why we are in here bitching about remakes, and the general populace is just out watching them.

Point 2, bwind is 100% right. These are all "redneck psycho" genre films, and dont really rip each other off (especially from deliverance, night and day between that movie and the other 3....) any more than The Devil's advocate is a Prophecy rip off because they both have the devil in them.
__________________
Some misguided people decided I was funny enough to pay. See if they're right:
http://www.cracked.com/members/Vodstok/
(I tweet pretty hardcore, too)
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 06-29-2005, 05:46 AM
urgeok's Avatar
urgeok urgeok is offline
Banned

 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,465
uhmmm ...


the girls were hot.

*************SPOILER **********************



the only thing that bugged me is when billy-bob fell out of the tree and lived ... or even walked away.

i dont care if the ground is soft - the weight of your own body breaks your bones from a fall of that height - it was like 30 - 40 feet...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:03 AM.