Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies

Old 08-09-2008, 09:35 PM
For Vendetta

August 08, 2008

Yesterday, IGN reported via The Hollywood Reporter that Brad Pitt had officially signed on to play the lead role in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards.

But according to Variety, several other key roles are also in the process of being filled -- this time by the likes of Simon Pegg, Nastassja Kinski, and David Krumholtz.

Pitt is set to play a Tennessee hillbilly who puts together a group of Jewish-American soldiers to attack Nazis during WWII. Pegg (whom audiences previously saw in Edgar Wright's Hot Fuzz, as well as the romantic comedy Run Fat Boy Run) might play a British lieutenant, while Krumholtz would join the previously-announced Eli Roth and B.J. Novak as another one of Pitt's foot soldiers.

Kinski is in talks for one of the film's very few female roles, a German movie queen.

Tarantino's film borrows its title from Enzo Castellari's 1970s war film of the same name, but uses it as a jumping off point to explore his own love of exploitation and war movies.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Leland_malinski
i have been waiting for this for YEARS..... i can't wait... QT has never let me down
what are you guys' thoughts on HELLRIDE.... i want to see that too, i know QT is just presenting it... but it's got a lot of his guys in it.. and the trailer looked pretty dope..
Old 08-10-2008, 05:03 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
in a related comment, i seem to be the only one who cant stand quentin tarantino.
I can't stand him either.

seriously, if I was locked in a room with a gun, two bullets and both uwe boll and quentin tarantino. I'd shoot tarantino twice to make sure he's really dead.

Last edited by X¤MurderDoll¤X; 08-10-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
I can't stand him either.

seriously, if I was locked in a room with a gun, two bullets and both uwe boll and quentin tarantino. I'd shoot tarantino twice to make sure he's really dead.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
The only factual rumor not given in that article is that QT wants Schwarzenegger to play a part in this too.
that right there would be the seal of gold.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:44 AM
For Vendetta

August 14, 2008

Mike Myers has been recruited by Quentin Tarantino to join the ensemble cast of "Inglorious Bastards," the Tarantino-scripted pic that the Weinstein Co. and Universal will put into production Oct. 13 in Germany.

Myers will play British Gen. Ed Fenech, a military mastermind who takes part in hatching a plot to wipe out Nazi leaders.

Brad Pitt recently committed to star in the film, along with Eli Roth, and Tarantino is also courting Simon Pegg, Nastassja Kinski, David Krumholtz and B.J. Novak.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Quote:
Tarantino is also courting Simon Pegg
I'm sold....
Old 08-18-2008, 06:15 AM
For Vendetta

August 17, 2008

Simon Pegg has had to withdraw from Quentin Tarantino's "Inglorious Bastards".

The Brit comic announced the news on his MySpace page, blaming a scheduling conflict.

''Much to our mutual disappointment, I won't be appearing in QT's forthcoming Inglorious Bastards due to insurmountable scheduling difficulties. We really tried to make it work but in the end, it just was not possible without severe ramifications elsewhere. I'm trying to remain upbeat, as Tom Selleck said "Who the hell is Indiana Jones anyway?""

So, ah, that leaves, erm, Mike Myers as the film's only light relief?

:rolleyes:
Old 08-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Quote:
August 17, 2008

Simon Pegg has had to withdraw from Quentin Tarantino's "Inglorious Bastards".

The Brit comic announced the news on his MySpace page, blaming a scheduling conflict.

''Much to our mutual disappointment, I won't be appearing in QT's forthcoming Inglorious Bastards due to insurmountable scheduling difficulties. We really tried to make it work but in the end, it just was not possible without severe ramifications elsewhere. I'm trying to remain upbeat, as Tom Selleck said "Who the hell is Indiana Jones anyway?""

So, ah, that leaves, erm, Mike Myers as the film's only light relief?

:rolleyes:
I don't care anymore.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:52 AM
For Vendetta

August 29, 2008

"Inglorious Bastards" writer-director Quentin Tarantino has set thesps Diane Kruger, Christoph Waltz and Paul Rust in the Weinstein Co./Universal drama.

Pic begins production Oct. 13 in Germany.

The trio join Brad Pitt, Eli Roth, Mike Myers, Michael Fassbender, B.J. Novak and Samm Levine.

Kruger ("National Treasure") plays German actress Bridget Von Hammersmark, who figures prominently in a plot to sabotage the Nazis. It is a role for which Nastassja Kinski was first mentioned.

Waltz, who is best known in Germany for his television work, has landed the role of Col. Hans Landa, who is the primary antagonist in the drama.