Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to dewaholic
I don't go to the theatre much anymore. Well at all actually last time I went it was to see Nemo & it was just my little group in there. That was nice. But once a guy's cell phone rang & every1 laughed. He answered, saying "im in a movie theatre & forgot to turn this off. call later" I hate when someone's been in there to see a movie a few times already & they say everything that's gonna happen next. Or ppl that keep kicking the back of the seat. I've wanted to turn around & say stfu or knock it the fuck off, but I was a little younger & most likely with some kind of relative.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:23 PM
threadkiller

my city, YONKERS, N.Y. is a "melting pot", which means theres many ghettolings....so i consult the public bus schedule before i get movie tickets.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Therapy?

Re: Do other Pricks ruin going to a Movie Theater for you or is it just me?

Quote:
Originally posted by 1beastieibe
OK so last night I went to see Hostel when a large gruop of drunk idiots walk in the theater
I didnt even make it through the credits before I asked for my money back!
When I saw Narnia th other night there was a man who would loudly clear his throat and then hack loudly and burp every 5 minutes, then there were the middle school kids on their phones talking so loud I could hear their entire conversation from the other side of the Theater
When I saw King Kong there was atleast 6 kids under the age of 5 screaming and talking and running around while their parents did nothing....there was also a large group of high school kids (no offense I was once in High school too) screaming how bored they were and mocking everyline in the movie.
It just pisses me off that in the last couple years I have yet to go to a movie and someone not be obnoxoius, I just paid $9 dollars to be highly irrated.
My only option is to stop going and enjoying something I love, or to miss have the movie because IM mad or had to leave
I love the movie theater. I love how huge and impressive it is, I love seeing movies on a gigantic screen with tons of people. However, assholes have made me rather watch a dvd alone than go to the theater on most occasions. :(

One day I'm going to buy my own theater and not let any assholes in it. :mad:
Old 01-09-2006, 08:33 PM

I hate when the person next to Me breaks wind and then tries to pretend it wasn't them.:D
Old 01-09-2006, 08:42 PM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

Re: Do other Pricks ruin going to a Movie Theater for you or is it just me?

Quote:
Originally posted by 1beastieibe
OK so last night I went to see Hostel when a large gruop of drunk idiots walk in the theater
I didnt even make it through the credits before I asked for my money back!
When I saw Narnia th other night there was a man who would loudly clear his throat and then hack loudly and burp every 5 minutes, then there were the middle school kids on their phones talking so loud I could hear their entire conversation from the other side of the Theater
When I saw King Kong there was atleast 6 kids under the age of 5 screaming and talking and running around while their parents did nothing....there was also a large group of high school kids (no offense I was once in High school too) screaming how bored they were and mocking everyline in the movie.
It just pisses me off that in the last couple years I have yet to go to a movie and someone not be obnoxoius, I just paid $9 dollars to be highly irrated.
My only option is to stop going and enjoying something I love, or to miss have the movie because IM mad or had to leave

you gotta try a matinee,that's all i go to.you literally have 10 or less people in the theater!no lines,no kids,and no bullshit.

yelling at folks gets old real quick and you don't want to worry about beating someones ass during a damn movie and dealing with prick cops.

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:13 AM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
i used to accidently dump my soda onto
thier knees.
Drunks dont even make it as far as the
ticket booth before they are kicked out
over here as well...but ironically..cinema8
theaters here sell liquor to those waitng for thier movies..:rolleyes:
I gave up on the movies years ago n prefer to sit at home with a dvd now.
Its quieter/cheaper and the candy is free
:D
Old 01-10-2006, 04:27 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Hmm...When we go to the cinema, we're usually the only people watching whatever movie we happen to be watching...I'm not kidding either...Sometimes, there may be a couple of other people there, but we sit far away from them...I think one time there might have actually been about 15 other people, but that was when we went to see Resident Evil Apocalypse...

So, the only time I remember being aggravated during a movie, was when Sergio told me to take my boots off of the seat in front of me:D....I didn't see what the big deal was, considering, no one else was in the theater besides Seri, Shane, Alex, and Rich...And they were sitting far away from US...

Of course we go to the second run theater, they don't show a movie until it finishes its last day at the regular cinema.....Have I mentioned that I'm a cheapskate?

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 01-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Smack My Titties

Quote:
Do other Pricks ruin going to a Movie Theater for you or is it just me?
No, you're the only Prick who ruins my Movie Theater visits.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:02 PM
dead delilah

Send a message via AIM to novadawn969 Send a message via MSN to novadawn969 Send a message via Yahoo to novadawn969
I don't know if it's just me or if I'm insane, but I usually put up with the twits. I mean, I went to the theatre w/ a couple of my girl friends once and we were the only ones there except this old fart (no offense to you wiser, kinder individuals) sat right next to me w/ only one seat in between us and half way thruogh he starts playing w/ himself. now, I only go to really crowded movies. that was sooo tramatizing. we tried to move but he thought we didn't notice when he moved and sat right behind us. It was horribe!!! The breathing.... the moaning.... ugh!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 06:30 PM
BH14

I paid good money for that seat... I can do anything I want.

PS.... I apologize. I didnt know that you all can hear me.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114