Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Boyband Junkie

Send a message via AIM to 1beastieibe
Question Do other Pricks ruin going to a Movie Theater for you or is it just me?

OK so last night I went to see Hostel when a large gruop of drunk idiots walk in the theater
I didnt even make it through the credits before I asked for my money back!
When I saw Narnia th other night there was a man who would loudly clear his throat and then hack loudly and burp every 5 minutes, then there were the middle school kids on their phones talking so loud I could hear their entire conversation from the other side of the Theater
When I saw King Kong there was atleast 6 kids under the age of 5 screaming and talking and running around while their parents did nothing....there was also a large group of high school kids (no offense I was once in High school too) screaming how bored they were and mocking everyline in the movie.
It just pisses me off that in the last couple years I have yet to go to a movie and someone not be obnoxoius, I just paid $9 dollars to be highly irrated.
My only option is to stop going and enjoying something I love, or to miss have the movie because IM mad or had to leave
Old 01-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Miss Cleo! Call now!!

Send a message via AIM to thepsychicfetus
i think your only option is to kill anyone who is obnoxious. or at least use your elbow to throat jab those people.

...i know what you mean though. but my solution is to confront the people. that usually makes them stop and if that doesnt, then just go talk to the manager and have them kicked out.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:07 PM
GRAVE DANCER

I know what you mean. I used to go to the movies alot w/ my friends. But I stopped because they ruined it for me everytime. I decided to go along a couple weeks ago for "Wolf Creek" and hoping they were better was a bad idea. They would be throwing popcorn at each other, talking loud, and laughing at the stupidest things ever. Just trying to be annoying. It was so emberrassing for me. Because I was sitting w/ them and I could tell the few other people in the theatre were getting very annoyed. I just dealt w/ it and tryed to deal with thier crap.

I just went to Hostel on friday by myself. Just how I like it! And it was great. The Theatre was packed to the roof, and it stayed quiet the whole time. I was glad I finnally go to see a movie. Where no one was being a fucking tar head!
Like the others from the past
The naked belly, full of cysts
Smells so good, I cant resist
I know inside this ones the best
As I eat the rotting chest
Old 01-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Evil Dead

wow..... bad luck dude. I've never had a single problem at a theater.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:13 PM
BH14

I went to a 7:40 show to Hostel... It was super packed and like everyone was a teenager. People wouldnt shut up during the previews and I am one of those people that get really pissed off at talkative people... but eventually everyone was pretty good quiet throughout the whole movie. I was kinda shocked bc it was completely packed. I will never go to a opening weekend movie at night again though... I much prefer to go in the daytime where it is almost empty and I dont have to sit next to some fat chick with B.O. and pay 10 bucks for a ticket.

PS.....I went to see TDR and a damn couple were sleeping and snoring out loud... Thats the worst!! I "accidentally" kicked their chair to wake them up. haha

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 01-09-2006, 05:26 PM
That fucking Guy...

Yeah...drunks that get rowdy are generally kicked out of theatres here, so they're not a big problem.

What annoys me is more often than not the people (usually aged 18-28) who when the lights go out, all of a sudden start thinking they're the funniest person on earth, deliberately dialling their unfunny conversation up to maximum volume so everyone can hear how funny they THINK they are...yet I can only assume that most people think the same as I do "what a fucking schmuck, man I'd like to punch this fucker in the mouth". Then there's the (not all) teenagers who pull this shit THROUGHOUT the movie itself, like you said, mocking the lines, making fun of a movie that GUESS WHAT ASSHOLES? YOU PAID TO FUCKING SEE!

I mean, if any conversation MUST occur...whispering is really not that hard...shit, you can even speak in a lowered voice and not really distract anyone, I do it, so should the rest of 'em.

Throwing shit at ME, will get you dragged out, unless you happen to be bigger than me...which I'm happy to say doesn't happen all that often. Kicking my seat, I'll usually say something first, in case you're retarded.

Mobile phones should NOT be left on, even on silent. Unless you can use the fucker without making any clicking sounds with the buttons, any lights whatsoever turning on, and without talking, don't use it...if you so badly NEED to be contacted at any given time, better not distract yourself with a movie.

Proper hygeine. I don't know how this is so hard...I mean, I know when I stink. I know when I've been sweating and could use a shower, and the last fucking thing I would do is have the blatant disrespect to go into a theatre and sit within close proximity of someone, you know what? If you do this, you're either stupid, or a stupid ASSHOLE.

Alcohol breath is another hygeine related issue. I don't care if you're drunk or you're not...if you've been sinking beer, wine, whiskey...even my ol' favourite, tequila, do not, I repeat do NOT have that shit on your breath while you sit ANYPLACE near me...I mean, it's not as through the problem can't be fixed with equal measures of common courteousy and GUM...not hard at all.

No offence to all the smokers out there, but I'm similarly offended by those that smoke, and don't pop a mint or chew gum before entering a movie...I mean sure, YOU probably don't smell it on account of the gradual loss of your sense of taste and smell that your habit causes, but us non-smokers cannot say the same. I don't hate smokers..with all the information out there in this day and age about how many ways from sunday it can kill you, far be it for me to think that I'D be the one to talk some reason into ya.
But, I don't like it invading my space in any way shape of form, be it on someones breath, or secondary inhalation...don't have it invade my space, especially not in an enclosed area...makes me wanna hurl.

Oh, and one more thing I hate, I don't know if it's mental cases that do this or what, but if there's room in the theatre, sit someplace else but right by me. I've told this story up in here before, but one time myself and girlfriend were at a movie, the cinema practically empty...we sit kinda towards the middle, about 2/3 of the way back from the screen, sure, given that they were good seats and all, but then these two teenage bitches about 16-17 walk in, and not only invade my isle (which sure, I wouldn't have minded), but sat RIGHT NEXT to us, and not on her side either, on mine...which is frankly innapropriate. My girl wanted to bust their heads, but we just moved, dropping some comments about the mentally handicapped. But seriously, right? Fuck that...
If there's space, use it...because if I don't know you already, a movie cinema in which I'm trying to observe a movie, not worry about the freak/s sitting next to me, is not the ideal place to get to know you. Fucking stupid people.

In short, I think that people ought to have some common sense, and general courteousy towards others, and the moviegoing experience would be much cooler. Be there to watch a movie, not to distract others from doing so.

Ahhh....I'm done with my vent now...

- B
Old 01-09-2006, 05:29 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I NEVER have problems...figured Id probably get kicked out of Boogeymman, but nope, never HAD problems.

Me and my friend went to Boogeyman opening weekend. Needless to say it sucked ass, and we were crakin jokes about it the whole time:p. We werent talking loud or anything, but the laughing might have pissed a few people off:D

EDIT- In my own defence, the laughing wouldnt be any more distracting than the constant screaming from the theatre full of sterotype teenage girls:rolleyes:

Last edited by The_Return; 01-09-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
That's why I only go to see good movies right before they leave theatres. Orrrrr I go see shitty movies opening weekend. I went and saw Grandma's Boy last weekend with a couple buddies and there were only 4 or 5 other people there.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
i love what i did to a guy when we saw red eye.

but he would not SHUT UP.
he was all alone by himself and he kept SINGING working on the railroad. i dunno why.
but i got really mad and hurled a handful of ice at him, and he yelled at me and the manager came in and made him leave.

tee hee:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 01-09-2006, 08:04 PM
GRAVE DANCER

Quote:
Originally posted by Posher778
i love what i did to a guy when we saw red eye.

but he would not SHUT UP.
he was all alone by himself and he kept SINGING working on the railroad. i dunno why.
but i got really mad and hurled a handful of ice at him, and he yelled at me and the manager came in and made him leave.

tee hee:D

I think your lying. tee hee:D
Like the others from the past
The naked belly, full of cysts
Smells so good, I cant resist
I know inside this ones the best
As I eat the rotting chest