Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-02-2004, 07:09 AM
Evil Dead

I feel there are classics, in most era's. Nosferatu, Cabinet of Dr. Calgari are some of the earliest examples. Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, The Invisible Man all James Whale classics, (The Old Dark House too) Vampyr, Dracula, The Mummy etc...When you say "classics" this is what I think of. However there are more modern classics, like the double feature parodies of the 50's, I Was a Teenage Werewolf, The Wasp Woman, and other classics like The Blob. Many of the Hammer and Roger Corman films, i.e...Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, and Peter Cushing from the late 50's thru early 70's. Some of the more modern classics include The Omen, The Shinning, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and yes Night of the Living Dead.

The title, (Classic's) can be a very broad term, (for me at least). Some of the younger members should watch some of the older movies, compare them to more modern films, and see how many of today's Directors have been influenced by some of these films.

I'm rambling so I'll shut up now...

Nosferatu,
Does not this word sound like the call of the death bird at Midnight? You dare not say it since the pictures will fade into dark shadows, ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed on your own blood
Old 09-02-2004, 07:46 AM
Death wants you!Yeah you!

Send a message via AIM to dantehorrorfan
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
Old 09-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Wasp Woman, Dementia 13, Bury the Living, Murder, Devil Bat so fourth
Old 09-08-2004, 09:47 AM
Hellraiser

"The Bad Seed"

If horror movies need to include evil, then you can't get much more evil than a little girl named Rhoda in "The Bad Seed".
Old 09-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Scares Little Kids

Right on, Neville!
Old 09-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Evil Dead

The Mother's acting was so dramatic, and she knew something was up but did not want to admit it...great movie.

I heard they might be doing a re-make?

Nosferatu,
Does not this word sound like the call of the death bird at Midnight? You dare not say it since the pictures will fade into dark shadows, ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed on your own blood
Old 09-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Scares Little Kids

Yes, movieman!

It's Eli Roth, maker of Cabin Fever...

It could use a remake, but with only some tweaks....

But the things he says sound perfectly disastrous, though!

He says flat out, quoted as saying; he wants to "bastardize and exploit it..."!

He has high hopes, wanting to make her the next horror icon (she already is...!) but "like Chucky", he says! Uchh! Anyways, the worst thing he says is that he wants her to be modernized, like being a fan of -- get this -- "N'Sync"!! Ouch!

Rhoda wouldn't give a rat's ass about N'Sync!! Oy oy oy! Rhoda doesn't play with the other girls... that's sort of the whole point... but, oh well, typical! LOL!

They've tried to reamke it a couple times, I haven't seen either one, but remember "The Good Son"? I never saw that, either, but it went quoted a lot, there for a while, I remember when that was floating around for a while!
Old 09-10-2004, 01:12 AM
Scares Little Kids

Yeah, movieman, the mother's acting is pretty overdramatic, but Rhoda's is --

Dead On. :P

She'd make a great secret character in a game like GoldenEye!

Neville, can you imagine a little eight year old girl in pigtails and a dress
running around with two RCP-90s versus Jaws? He'd be looking for her,
she'd be nailing everybody!
Old 09-11-2004, 05:33 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by movieman64
I feel there are classics, in most era's. Nosferatu, Cabinet of Dr. Calgari are some of the earliest examples. Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, The Invisible Man all James Whale classics, (The Old Dark House too) Vampyr, Dracula, The Mummy etc...When you say "classics" this is what I think of. However there are more modern classics, like the double feature parodies of the 50's, I Was a Teenage Werewolf, The Wasp Woman, and other classics like The Blob. Many of the Hammer and Roger Corman films, i.e...Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, and Peter Cushing from the late 50's thru early 70's. Some of the more modern classics include The Omen, The Shinning, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and yes Night of the Living Dead.
'Nuff said

Oh, and I would add Hellraiser on the modern classic list...

Last edited by StaggerLee; 09-11-2004 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:48 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by VoyagerOne
Yes, movieman!

It's Eli Roth, maker of Cabin Fever...

It could use a remake, but with only some tweaks....

But the things he says sound perfectly disastrous, though!

He says flat out, quoted as saying; he wants to "bastardize and exploit it..."!

He has high hopes, wanting to make her the next horror icon (she already is...!) but "like Chucky", he says! Uchh! Anyways, the worst thing he says is that he wants her to be modernized, like being a fan of -- get this -- "N'Sync"!! Ouch!

Rhoda wouldn't give a rat's ass about N'Sync!! Oy oy oy! Rhoda doesn't play with the other girls... that's sort of the whole point... but, oh well, typical! LOL!

They've tried to reamke it a couple times, I haven't seen either one, but remember "The Good Son"? I never saw that, either, but it went quoted a lot, there for a while, I remember when that was floating around for a while!

I say leave it alone, I'm pretty much against remake's, but they are very popular nowadays. They could expand on the little girls part, by being a little more detailed on her reasoning for each victim. A little more graphic/gory in the murder scenes too. I think they could portray the Mom as one of those suburban Soccer mom's, running around in the minivan keeping up appearances with the neighbors, perfect house, perfect Husband, perfect family, that sort of thing, denial,, denial, denial..!

I think the film was very progressive for the era, (50's) when most films were much more subdued.

Nosferatu,