Old 01-14-2014, 01:22 AM
For Vendetta

Gotham - the TV series

Following last week's news that Danny Cannon will be directing the pilot episode of Fox's Batman spin-off TV series Gotham, an announcement from Fox chairman Kevin Reilly has revealed that there's more to the show than fans previously thought.

Far from being a relatively straight-ahead cop show focused only on the young Jim Gordon and his colleagues, Reilly says Gotham will also constitute origin stories for most of the classic bat-villains, as well as featuring the young Bruce Wayne.

Assuming Gotham gets to go its desired distance, Reilly outlines a structure where "the show will arc Bruce Wayne from a child aged around 12 into the final episode of the series when he will put on the cape".

Causing chaos in the city's shadows will be nascent versions of The Joker, The Penguin, The Riddler and Catwoman (no doubt amongst other mischief makers from the Bat-canon). “We will see how they get to become who they are as Gotham is teetering on the edge,” Reilly said. “It is an operatic soap that has a slightly larger-than-life quality.”

The series certainly isn't part of the Christopher Nolan continuity, and it's also already been suggested that it won't be beholden to the comics either. So it'll be interesting to see how it deals with all these beginnings, of which in many cases we've already had multiple versions. The Joker in particular will require particularly careful handling as a character who's arguably stronger without explanation. Will we see him as Red Hood? Will he be named?

Still more questions than answers at this stage, but the show is developing swiftly. There's every expectation that Canon's pilot will certainly lead to a full series, and Fox will be opening and populating the series' writer's room in February, whence Gotham will be mapped.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2014...gotham-series/
Old 05-14-2014, 07:22 AM
Hellraiser

Gotham Tv series

I am super excited for the new Gotham Tv show. Even though its not a direct Batman show. it will be really good Because its focusing on the different Characters other than Bruce Wayne. Plus it will most likely go deeper into the Wayne Murders. Which I am excited for because no one ever focuses on the parents murders only the fact that they died.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Horror Fan

I saw a trailer for this series this week. I think I'll give it a shot. Good crime/horror-feel to it V.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Resident Bass Player

I'm going to give it a try too - I see they're re-running on Friday.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:15 AM
Evil Dead

I didn't have much hope for this show given that prequels generally don't appeal to me. This was actually a pleasant surprise though, not great but a solid start. The deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne have always had an emotional impact on me and I feel FOX handled the more touching scenes well here. They also did a good job of making James Gordon pretty bad-ass in his first scene. Donal Logue is quite good as Harvey Bullock and Jada Pinkett Smith gives a pretty good performance as well. Some of the easter eggs felt heavy handed but I feel like I need to rewatch it just to catch all of them.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:18 AM
Evil Dead

I saw the pilot, and it was pretty terrible.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:33 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I saw the pilot, and it was pretty terrible.
What didn't you like? I thought it was great. It threw the characters at you a little bit but some where subtle. I really enjoyed it

Old 09-27-2014, 05:21 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
What didn't you like? I thought it was great. It threw the characters at you a little bit but some where subtle. I really enjoyed it
That was one problem. I also didn't like how there were so many sub plots to keep track of, and it really wasn't that interesting or anything I haven't seen before from other similar crime shows. I'll give it the benefit that pilots are generally a bad thing to base an opinion of a show off of, so I might give it another shot when the series develops a bit more.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:39 AM
Evil Dead

Didn't like the second episode as much as the pilot. I felt it highlighted a lot of the shows flaws; bad dialogue and overly dramatic acting in some scenes. I like the more campy fun versions of Batman and I feel The Dollmaker's underlings (Lili Taylor and Frank Whaley) gave off that vibe. I like Sean Pertwee but I'm not really feelin' him as Alfred. Robin Lord Taylor is pretty good as The Penguin though. I kind of like that teenage Bruce was listening to heavy metal and drawing.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Evil Dead

"The Balloonman" was not as bad as the last episode. I actually liked the swashbuckling scene with Alfred and Bruce. Nice to see David Zayas from Dexter show up. I hope he's a series regular. Dan Bakkedahl who played Balloonman was pretty funny in Legit on FX. The Penguin scenes continue to be good and I wasn't expecting that ending!