Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to crytel
'Nightmare on Elm Street' Becomes CBS Reality

'Nightmare on Elm Street' Becomes CBS Reality
(Wednesday, June 16 11:30 AM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Many reality shows aim to help the contestants make their dreams come true. Now, taking the name of one of horror cinema's most popular franchises, CBS is ready to let contestants bring their nightmares to life. The network is developing "Nightmare on Elm Street: Real Nightmares."
The six-episode reality series will help viewers confront their own nightmares with the help of none other than Freddy Kreuger himself, actor Robert Englund. Thankfully, in his capacity as host, Englund won't be required to don the Kreuger makeup.

Englund will show up at participants' homes and ask them to recount their deepest darkest nightmares. As the participants tell their stories, the dreams will be visualized by special effects artist Peter Kuran ("Star Wars," "Robo Cop" and "X-Men 2").

"I'm eager to discover what lurks in America's nightmares so I can visit my victims -- I mean guests -- one on one, and find out what makes 'em scream," Englund jokes -- we think.
Hopefully somebody will have a fear of alligators or of the country's 37th President, because Kuran did effects work on gems like "Lake Placid" and "Nixon." He also provided optical effects for 1989's "A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child."

After the participants have delved deeply into their tortured psyches, Englund will take them to a secret location to face their nightmare head-on in an elaborate challenge.

New Line Television is producing the series, which takes its inspiration from the New Line film franchise that began with Wes Craven's 1984 classic "A Nightmare on Elm Street." The series' creative death rattle was 2003's "Freddy vs. Jason."

"We are currently on a nationwide search to find the most frightening nightmares in the country. We look forward to sending Robert into the homes of ordinary Americans where he will scare the living daylights out of them," says New Line Television Senior Vice President Jon Kroll, who will executive produce the series. "It's tremendously exciting to transform one of New Line's most enduring film franchises into a compelling new reality series."

The first open casting call for the show will take place at the Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn in North Hollywood on Tuesday, June 22. Further information on having your own nightmare on Elm Street is available at CBS' website.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:17 PM
BMXICAN

Sounds pretty cool.

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison

Last edited by kpropain; 06-26-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Evil Dead

That could be interesting

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." – Dr. Seuss

"Someone called actors 'sculptors in snow.' Very apt. In the end, it's all nothing." – Vincent Price

The Oldest and Stongest Emotion of Man is Fear- H.P Lovecraft

Six bottles went down the drain
One hour's a waste of time
I'd ask if you feel the same
Still pushin that chance to try
Your breath in this cool room chill
Long hair that blows side to side
You speak and make time stand still
And each time you walk right on by
Old 06-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Now she has us.

lol, coincidence, started watching freddie boxset collection, just finished the first one, onto the second in a mo.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 06-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Austin1:11

Yeah, I got that box set on DVD...pretty cool...just the Encyclopedia is annoying...

I can't wait until Real Nightmares starts airing...according to TVTome.com , it starts airing on CBS in January...
Old 06-26-2004, 05:59 PM
King of the Long Post

Send a message via AIM to Stingy Jack
Let me get this straight: The contestant tells Robert Englund his or her most disturbing nightmare, and the show brings the nightmare to life for the contestant to face in a challenge. I would TOTALLY take advantage of this. Example:

"Mr. Englund, thank you for coming to my home. My nightmare is of the recurring type, and I really need to face it in order for it to go away. It's pretty simple really. During each episode, I am thoroughly fucked by the entire Dallas Cowboy cheerleader squad. Over and over again. And what is so frightening -- what creeps me out -- is that I am physically unable to go at it with them more than six times each. Help me!"

heh heh heh heh
GOOD LORD DELIVER TO US!
Old Scotch Invocation
-- adapted by Stingy Jack

Stingy's Horror DVD Collection
Old 06-26-2004, 06:08 PM
BMXICAN

Quote:
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
Let me get this straight: The contestant tells Robert Englund his or her most disturbing nightmare, and the show brings the nightmare to life for the contestant to face in a challenge. I would TOTALLY take advantage of this. Example:

"Mr. Englund, thank you for coming to my home. My nightmare is of the recurring type, and I really need to face it in order for it to go away. It's pretty simple really. During each episode, I am thoroughly fucked by the entire Dallas Cowboy cheerleader squad. Over and over again. And what is so frightening -- what creeps me out -- is that I am physically unable to go at it with them more than six times each. Help me!"

heh heh heh heh
Nice.....:D I could go for some of that myself.....

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 07-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Something about a pillow

Sounds cool.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Hellraiser

It sounds all right but then again it may take the fear from the show itself.
The last show of night mare on elmstreet wasn't much to desire was really disapointed in it.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:28 AM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Sounds pretty damn good in my opinion