Old 09-19-2006, 05:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by vmr128
look again you are being assholes i really dont care about online gramer do i need to put a period every 10 or so fucking god damnd words?
i care about grammer online or off.
everone misspells or makes a typo from time to time
but as far as i'm concerned - if you come in here and your posts show that it's pretty obvious you are a grade 2 dropout, most people will ignore your posts - after pointing out how pathetic they are.

i dont know why people insist on celebrating their illiteracy.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:51 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

aah modern day education!

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 09-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i'm pretty sure zwoti can deal with it ...
Old 09-20-2006, 01:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
easy now there you sensitive little feller :)
Old 09-20-2006, 04:45 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Just realize something, and I'm trying to be nice here. On most message boards, a lot of people have bad habits of skipping over longer posts. If your post is one giant run-on with no punctuation, coupled with bad spelling and grammar, almost no one will read it. Most intelligent people who could offer you honest feedback on what you want to know are going to take one look at the post and click the back button on thier browser. Clean it up a little bit. Hell, cut it and paste it into Word if you need to.

Courtesy to your reader is the greatest thing you can ever have if you want your material to be read, whether it be a simple INTERNETz post or a manuscript. Speaking of which, I hope you're not planning on sending in your script with grammar like that. It's hard enough to get people to look at them as it is. Ask Roderick, he could tell you.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The Flayed One
Just realize something, and I'm trying to be nice here. On most message boards, a lot of people have bad habits of skipping over longer posts. If your post is one giant run-on with no punctuation, coupled with bad spelling and grammar, almost no one will read it. Most intelligent people who could offer you honest feedback on what you want to know are going to take one look at the post and click the back button on thier browser. Clean it up a little bit. Hell, cut it and paste it into Word if you need to.

Courtesy to your reader is the greatest thing you can ever have if you want your material to be read, whether it be a simple INTERNETz post or a manuscript. Speaking of which, I hope you're not planning on sending in your script with grammar like that. It's hard enough to get people to look at them as it is. Ask Roderick, he could tell you.

i read the long posts if they are interest to me ..

i wont read a post written in txtspeak or stupid slang.
or posts written by an illiterate.

i think before you start posting on a public internet forum .. learn how to spell for christs sakes. your dumb ass will say nothing of intelligence so why will i want to read it if you cant spell simple words ?
Old 09-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Fear scented candle

I was waiting for that... :)

Grammatical errors and misspellings are one of the best ways to get your script/story/poetry, ANYTHING written really, in the dump. I have been doing a ton of research lately on getting published and everythignout there lists this as one of the top things to consider.

If you can't write clearly, then you aren't much of a writer. you may be a hell of a story teller, but they dont get published. Spoken word is very hard to print.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
I was waiting for that... :)

Grammatical errors and misspellings are one of the best ways to get your script/story/poetry, ANYTHING written really, in the dump. I have been doing a ton of research lately on getting published and everythignout there lists this as one of the top things to consider.

If you can't write clearly, then you aren't much of a writer. you may be a hell of a story teller, but they dont get published. Spoken word is very hard to print.
"everythignout".....ya gotta be a little clearer.

:D
Old 09-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Therapy?

Re: Finaly It Hit Me!!

Quote:
Originally posted by vmr128
Finaly ever since my wierd clone idea i finaly came up with the perfect horror movie/documentary!!! I was at a friends house when i was reading wierd pennsylvannia i read the verry first entry: Dvils rode and cult house. and alsow the second entry the skull roots and i was in a room with my friend who totaly agread with this and my verry religeous friend who i want to ask to come. I need a full crew i have sme family members to ask and im getting a camra this december but i think this movie would make a great idea. Here is some of the legend:

There is a rode so errie in pennsylvania that the trees all grow up straight and then almost hit a 90 degree angle and legend said that satan himself screamed down the rode and affter that the trees grew at an angle. At the end of the rode lies the large CULT HOUSE. Around the house there are many signs covered with KKK and satanic (traditional) graffite. People have driven down the rodes and said to be chaced away by red pick up trucks they say are just waiting for you. One person saw the faces of some of these people, black slik hair, pale white skin and eye that zare ... pure white, as iff rolled all the way back. at night you can hear the worshiping. while beingchaced off the rode at night the drves can drive without head lights in the almost pitch dark on the wavy rodes. Legened has it every halloween night ... they sacrifice a live human for there lord satan. All the worshipers live in the house so no one every sees them leave. Once a man was being fallowed by a truck and he pulled over and so did the truck, an old man came out constintly asking if the man was a ghost each time the man denied.

That is part of the legened of devils rode and cult house. post idea if you think this is a pretty good/ok movie.
So would it be done like documentary/horror style of The Blairwitch Project? I think it sounds like a pretty cool idea.

I don't get the "Once a man was being followed by a truck..." part though.

I don't really understand the grammar nazis to be honest, you're not writing a book here. I mean everyone here must mispronounce a few words in their vocabulary, but you don't have people screaming "It's mis-cha-vous not mis-chee-vee-us you dolt!!!!!111" at you. I'm a bartender in a restaurant and I can't even say worcestershire sauce so I just say "worster". Everyone KNOWS what I'm talking about and if people don't like it they can bite me :D
Old 09-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i'm pretty sure zwoti can deal with it ...
Of course. But I was in a bad mood that night, and why not blow off some steam that I really can't be banned for? :D