Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-22-2014, 05:28 PM

SCARS OF DRACULA 1970

A Hammer production starring Christopher Lee.

Dracula sets his sights on the beautiful fiancee of a young man searching for his lost brother.

Darkly pleasurable.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:24 PM

CAPTAIN KRONOS VAMPIRE HUNTER 1974

Charming tale of a swashbuckling vampire killer brought in to save the village maidens, who are all mysteriously being "aged" to death.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:39 AM
Evil Dead

DUEL(1971)-Although it has that early 70's TV movie look, this is a very suspenseful and scary flick about the dangers of passing a truck and the driver of said truck deciding to play Cat and Mouse. Good performance by Dennis Weaver in an almost one man show and audacious Steven Speilberg debut. ****
Old 11-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
DUEL(1971)-Although it has that early 70's TV movie look, this is a very suspenseful and scary flick about the dangers of passing a truck and the driver of said truck deciding to play Cat and Mouse. Good performance by Dennis Weaver in an almost one man show and audacious Steven Speilberg debut. ****

Great movie. It was released theatrically in Europe.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-29-2014, 03:55 PM

NEXT OF KIN 1982

I just finished watching this on YouTube. A great horror film from Australia.
A young woman's mother has died and she tries to run the nursing home her mother owned. Well, its more to clear up her estate, but before she knows it, all manner of spooky things start happening. The ending is bloody fantastic and worth waiting for because the pacing is a little slow.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Little Boo

Misery

Misery, by Stephen King. That's actually one of my favorite movies
Old 11-29-2014, 04:49 PM
ventricle

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
5/10

A little too syrupy sentimental, quaint, slow & unchallenging for me. Concepts were fine. Just felt more like a long car trip with family than any kind of exciting or challenging sci-fi/fantasy. I think you'd like it as much as mom would. Kind of a family film.

Serpico
5/10

I had high expectations for Serpico. I would hazard to guess much of it's accolades comes from the (near) universal desire to see police selflessly stand against corruption. It's not a film you want to be critical of; you want everyone to support Serpicos. There's a dramatization of his life, along with showing the pertinent going-ons; but compared to other films of this type (All the Presidents Men, Erin Brockovich, etc), I can't say this was particularly entertaining. Characters all seemed one-dimensional and uncompelling. I wasn't even sure I came away really knowing why Serpico did what he did.

Last edited by Sculpt; 11-29-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:25 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

The 2 Demons films - fun gore stuff. Totally no sense is made in either of these films but they are both a good ride..
Old 11-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Immortal horror fan

I had to split up my reviews from the Halloween month. It was too long. I guess I can put this one here:

Prom Night (Original) -

This isn't the best horror movie but it does make the remake look even worse. From what I remember the remake didn't even follow the story of the original. There was no twist in the remake. And the twist is one of the best parts of the movie. I think it's more revenge mystery movie with slasher elements. I watched the trailer afterwards and I love the last tag line "if you're not back by midnight, you won't be coming home." The dance scene with Jamie Lee Curtis is great. The whole movie shows her acting ability as it was just about right after Halloween. And she's a completely different character here. Really cute. I like how they used the dance scene music again for the climax too. It's crazy with all that's going on. I think I watched a bad version though as some scenes were really dark and I could barely see what was happening. But this is a good movie to check out.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Evil Dead

6/10