Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Token Black Guy

2006 has been a horrible year

Endless havoc in Iraq. Then there was that congressman that was caught lusting after teenage boys. There was that other congressman caught with a freezer full of dirty money. The Russians are killing their political critics again. North Korea set off a nuclear weapon. Israel and Hezbollah were blasting each other. Southern Afghanistan is getting ugly with the Taliban coming back. And to top it all off, that lunatic in Iran who think the holocaust didn't happen is trying to get his hands on a nuclear bomb.

The whole world is going to shit. I'm afraid to face 2007.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Banned

i still think there's potential for a holy war right around the corner too.
level heads have prevailed thus far - but one more incident - and i fear the worst.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok View Post
i still think there's potential for a holy war right around the corner too.
level heads have prevailed thus far - but one more incident - and i fear the worst.
A Holy war....

The only ones who will survive are those with no religion that do not get involved.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:48 PM
I Am Violence

Or the smart religions that don't care.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
A Holy war....

The only ones who will survive are those with no religion that do not get involved.
Are you kidding? We'll be the first ones both sides come after! Both the Koran and the Bible instruct believers to kill non-believers. We don't stand a chance.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer666 View Post
Are you kidding? We'll be the first ones both sides come after! Both the Koran and the Bible instruct believers to kill non-believers. We don't stand a chance.
Not really. The people who do not flaunt their religion won't be targeted first for the sheer fact that we aren't cramming another "God" down someones throat. We will fade into the crowd.

They more than likely will be more interested in destroying the members of another religion faster.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Endless havoc in Iraq. Then there was that congressman that was caught lusting after teenage boys. There was that other congressman caught with a freezer full of dirty money. The Russians are killing their political critics again. North Korea set off a nuclear weapon. Israel and Hezbollah were blasting each other. Southern Afghanistan is getting ugly with the Taliban coming back. And to top it all off, that lunatic in Iran who think the holocaust didn't happen is trying to get his hands on a nuclear bomb.
Not to mention the environmental turmoil/planetary shifts turning our weather against us...Yeah, agreed, it's not been a great year..and yeah, I don't think we've seen the worst yet, sometimes I just turn on the news, and there's been so much fucked up shit that I feel like I've almost become desensitised enough to just say "...huh...", which is a pretty unnerving realisation. I'm no longer surprised by ANYTHING.
Viewing things on a year to year basis really does bring it home how bad things are overall though, when it's gradual, you notice it, but not as much. When you add it all together, you just think "now THAT is some fucked up shit".
Our world, yup.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:46 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
have any of you read the koran..??
Old 12-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Misanthrope

No I haven't read it.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbornforgey View Post
have any of you read the koran..??

i've got one - with both the english and arabic texts. i've read some of it.

just like the bible it is a book that can be interpreted, bent and twisted to serve the needs of anyones purposes.

i almost immediately found a passage that could be taken to justify killing.
there are similar passages in the bible.