Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Occasional Vampire

I Gave Him Life!!

I was up watching Re-Animator until five in the morning and for some reason that line has been stuck in my head all day. Ergo, thread title.

So hello, fellow horror movie fans. I'm Riff and I 'specialize' in schlocky gore flicks from the 70's and 80's, though I'll sit through just about anything and everything. I really love the movie Angel Heart and wish that Mickey Rourke would have taken more horror-centric roles through his career...

John Farris and Briane Keene are my favourite horror authors and I'd love to find another fan to discuss their work sometime.

I also like horror video games (Gabriel Knight, Fatal Frame, Kuon, and Haunting Ground) and occasionally dabble in writing short stories (my favourite genre is religious horror). I'm thinking about opening a webpage on which to publish my work, but it's still up in the air at this point.

Anyway, hope to see you guys around the forums!
Old 02-16-2015, 02:54 PM
fanged menace

welcome to the forum, there are lots of us with many varied tastes so lots to talk about.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:39 PM
I am the turtle lord

WELCOME TO HDC!
Old 02-16-2015, 05:05 PM
Evil Dead

Argh! I was going to post a picture of me with my copy of All Heads Turn When the Hunt Goes By, but no! Its not on my bookshelf. It must be in a box in another state. sigh. Anyway, amazing book. One of my favorite horror novels. Such a perfectly done ending.

The only Keene i've read was Kill Whitey. I got a free copy of the just before the final edit for punctuation/spelling sort of version. Signed, shrug. Anyway, I couldn't get into it. Which one of his would you suggest?

Also if you're up for it, I posted a rather lengthy post in the Books and Fiction Writing section on the Dell Abyss horror line.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:07 PM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Argh! I was going to post a picture of me with my copy of All Heads Turn When the Hunt Goes By, but no! Its not on my bookshelf. It must be in a box in another state. sigh. Anyway, amazing book. One of my favorite horror novels. Such a perfectly done ending.

The only Keene i've read was Kill Whitey. I got a free copy of the just before the final edit for punctuation/spelling sort of version. Signed, shrug. Anyway, I couldn't get into it. Which one of his would you suggest?

Also if you're up for it, I posted a rather lengthy post in the Books and Fiction Writing section on the Dell Abyss horror line.
Well you know my motto, Sh++ happens.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:41 AM
Danger Bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickerpriestess View Post

John Farris and Briane Keene are my favourite horror authors and I'd love to find another fan to discuss their work sometime.
I gave up reading horror when I was super young because I had read a bunch bad stuff for a while. I'm just getting into it now and don't really know where to start. What book is your favourite?
Old 02-19-2015, 02:03 PM
病気の

Hello..
Old 02-21-2015, 04:36 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickerpriestess View Post

Anyway, hope to see you guys around the forums!
Hello. I am a Brian Keene fan. I have read City of the Dead and The Rising. I love the zombie books.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:21 AM

Welcome, Wicker. I love your furniture.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Horror Fan

WELCOME TO HORROR!