Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-14-2011, 12:16 AM
Evil Dead

Yesterday i watched Red Hook and it was awesome. And today i watched Are you scared yet, times reminded me of saw a bit, but none the less pretty good. Now im watching Are you scared 2.

2.) I'll come back i always do but dying is such a b*tch i <3 chucky

3.) What would you do if harm came your way turtley harm.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:28 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Undisputed III" 8/10

Probably the best american martial arts movie i've seen in 20 years. Loved the choreography and the camera works during the fights (brought back beautiful memories to Ong-bak and Tom Yum Goong). And the story wasn't bad either for this kind of flick.

I've got a new wet dream now. Jaa vs. Adkins. :cool:

thanks a lot for the rec, Elvis and McCoy.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
"Undisputed III" 8/10

Probably the best american martial arts movie i've seen in 20 years. Loved the choreography and the camera works during the fights (brought back beautiful memories to Ong-bak and Tom Yum Goong). And the story wasn't bad either for this kind of flick.

I've got a new wet dream now. Jaa vs. Adkins. :cool:

thanks a lot for the rec, Elvis and McCoy.
Yeah loved this too.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:34 AM
Undead Cavalier

Send a message via AIM to fiend_skull Send a message via MSN to fiend_skull
"Curse of the Wolf": This little treat comes from KillerWolf Films and anyone suspecting anything special might be disappointed. However, if you love horrid crap, then this might be for you.

Its fun when a movie has the trifecta; bad script, bad acting, and bad lighting. This movie is filled to the brim with the horrid acting and dialogue that we've all come to love about "Friendependant" movies. The story has very little coherency and the funny thing is, this isn't so much a horror movie as it is an action flick with werewolves (about as well choreographed as a middle school play).

What little you'll actually see or hear in this film will go into making it the entertaining kind of schlock that very few movies have the honor of being.

"Fist of the Vampire": Another KillerWolf production and while it isn't much better production wise, the film itself is far more entertaining. The basic premise is that a group of vampires host an underground fighting circuit and this underground cop is sent in to bust the operation. It already sounds like oscar material doesn't it?

More or less same problems as the last movie. Bad lighting, bad script, and bad acting. The fighting is fun to watch, but it is still the kind of fighting you'd see on power rangers. Still very little horror element, but still plenty of schlock to throw around.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:47 AM
Bad Natured

The Princess and the Warrior (2000). I know this is not my typical fare. Maybe I just have a thing for Franka Potente. That said, this flick did not disappoint, not in the least. Yeah, it was slow, and perfectly so. It simply took its time, reveling in the imagery, and the magic, of the events as they unfolded. These events, taking a rather unbelievable and circuitous route, ring true in their essence, as if they could not have happened any other way, clinging to the notion of fate. A modern fairy tale come true, the mystery is not so much in the denouement but in the type of magic being created here: dark or light. It could have gone either way, creating a background tension that keeps this slow burner from ever feeling slow. The story itself seems a mish-mash of events that splendidly come together, random threads of existence whose meaning manifests in an obvious yet unforeseen fashion. Leads Franka Potente and Benno Furmann say so much with so little, generating characters that we strive to support even when they let us down. These were characters that could not have been more different, and destiny seemed to take a perverse interest in them. The direction was impressive, taking this slow story, punctuated by moments of heightened tension, and weaving it into a riveting experience. The score was spot on, always present to help the story, or emotional context, but silent when the action is best left to its own accord. The camera work was magnificent. From the opening shot we know that something special is about to occur, only to be outdone by that amazing shot at the end, a seemingly endless specter of cyclopean splendor. For a timely break from the grim theater usually frequented, the cinematic wizardry fashioned here will leave you breathless, and refreshingly determined to take on some more rugged affairs. Merci.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 PM
The Spine Splitter

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Loomis Send a message via MSN to Doctor Loomis Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Loomis
Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Evil Dead

DEFENDOR: Great little movie. Woody Harrelson kicks ass, and gets it kicked quite a few times. PERFECT ENDING.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Catfish (2010)

"Don't let anyone tell you what it is."

"A shattering conclusion."

" "The best Hitchcock film Hitchcock never directed."

These are the couple of the tag line quotes that appeared in the trailer & promotional campaign of this film. All are bullshit! I don't get the idea what the hell wrong with those people! It wasn't a thriller at all...a simply decent documentary drama where there's no twist at the end rather which comes with a pretty sad & emotional content. I'm not saying this docu drama was bad, just their strategy to promote it was bad...people should get hanged for this kinda fake marketing.:mad:
So, I don't care about to give away the basic idea which anyone can guess at the very beginning of this documentary...this is a simple old story about how people with a 'complex' background tries or comes to appear in an online community with a 'fake' identity and then starts to manipulate other 'original' people.

>>: C

Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)

>>: C+

127 Hours (2010)

Definitely belongs to 2010's 'one of the best' club. A wonderful 'Danny Boyle' take on an amazingly true survival story where you'll certainly get an emotionally rich performance from James Franco.

>>: A
Old 01-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Bad Natured

Magic (1978). Yep, I am a sucker for creepy ventriloquist flicks, but I think this one stands on its own spindly little legs and feet. Instead of an epic, what Attenborough has created here is a classy psycho-thriller, almost a conundrum unto itself. The beginning utilizes flashbacks to there fullest, underhandedly setting up the what is to come. As things get underway, the story does a nice job keeping building up the mystery until nigh the very end, and even then it holds its head up high.

A young Anthony Hopkins is exploited to his fullest, way before his Hannibal role. His meager character is stunningly balanced by his dummy's rude and egocentric shenanigans, all of which are great entertainment for the flick's other characters, at least until the real fun begins. Ann-Margret is just hot; the screen could have used her for more retina delight, but we'll take what we can get. Burgess Meredith was perfect as the appropriately slimy agent that truly cares for his talent.

The camerawork accomplishes its focus with an almost tame satisfaction. Shot compositions are done in a fashion that keeps our attention nerved on what creepy little nastiness might be taking place beyond the obvious action. The story was simple and effective, giving the direction a free hand in developing a movie whose greatest attributes are difficult to pin down. Sans gore and other tricks to engage the viewer, Magic simply unravels in a fashion that envelops us until the end is nigh, which then threatens to turn sour with a cheezy ending but instead employs daring originality to drop us off at just the right stop. Merci.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Very interesting and original Irish/Scottish horror film that falls down a little in its execution but is still worth checking out..

A women with mystic powers flees Ireland to escape danger and to hide their terrible secret. Definally a breath of fresh air..