Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Evil Dead

Rubenmania's Movie Reviews

Plz feel free to comment on any movie I reviewed..

Totem (1999)

DVD description:
Six teenagers are mysteriously transported to a remote cabin in the woods surrounded by an invisible force field. In a nearby cemetery they discover an ancient stone monument carved with the faces of three demons. Soon the teens find themselves drawn into a murderous ritual to bring the stone demons to life, transforming three of them into killers and three into victims.

Thoughts:
Another bad movie

1 out of 5= Dont let the dvd cover make you rent this one...
Old 10-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Evil Dead

Jigsaw (2002)

Tagline: Put him together...he'll tear you apart!

DVD description:
A group of art students working on their final project soon learn that putting a little of themselves into their work can be a bad thing.

Thoughts:
This movie was so boring the 1st 30 mins that I forgot it was a horror movie...Then it started to get a little good....Jigsaw looked pretty horrible...

1 out of 5 =Bad... If you were thinkin of taking art class...Well dont let this movie stop you...
Old 10-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Evil Dead

The Revolting Dead 2003

Tagline: When the dead are disturbed, no one will rest in peace.

DVD description:
The Crain family operates the local funeral home in a rural desert community. Besides offering the usual services one would expect, they also participate in grave robbing and similar heinous crimes. When a Voodoo priestess and sister of one of their "victims" learns about the Crain's extra-curricular activities, she uses her powers to raise the dead and help those who have been disturbed to personally seek revenge

Thoughts:
Wow what a bad movie....Thats all I have to say

I give it a 1 out of 5=DO not rent!!

Last edited by rubenmania; 10-20-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Evil Dead

Cold & Dark (2005)

Tagline: Cold Cop, Bad Cop, It's In the Blood

DVD description:
A young vice detective discovers that his much-respected partner gained supernatural powers and is taking out the city's criminals with deadly force.

Thoughts:
This movie drew me in and then let me down...It was a good movie it just got slow from where it took me...While watching it I was like wow this is pretty good...Then bang...I was like where did the voilence go..

3 out of 5= rental, Watch out criminals theirs a new sorta like vampire in town
Old 10-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Evil Dead

Chupacabra Terror (2005)

DVD description:
Cryptozoologist Dr. Pena traps the legendary Chupacabra on a remote island and smuggles it aboard a cruise ship to have if transported to his laboratory. Needless to say, the creature breaks out and gives the passengers a hell of a vacation. A.k.a. Chupacabra: Dark Seas.

Thoughts:
Another bad Sci-Fi channel movie....If you like their movies then rent it

1 out of 5= This movie wont stop me from taking a cruise
Old 10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Evil Dead

Plz feel free to comment on any movie I reviewed...

Bloody Mallory (2002)

Tagline: Evil has a new enemy.

DVD description:
The leader of an anti-paranormal commando unit is assigned to, despite the Vatican's disapproval of her activities, free the Pope who has been kidnapped by demonic forces.

Thoughts:
This isnt a zombie movie , but it has demons...Real stupid lookin ones...All I can say is if you like real bright and pretty colors thengive it a rent...

1 out of 5 = Put that pretty rental back...
Old 10-20-2005, 03:46 PM

...a lot of bad unknown movies... i like.....where do you get them from ? ..this are all straight to video ?..:)
Old 10-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Evil Dead

Blood Relic (2005)

Tagline: A Voodoo Curse Has Been Unleashed... Again!

DVD description:
A Navy pilot goes on a killing spree at his air station after the discovery of an ancient talisman.

Thoughts:
What was I thinking when I rented this one...If you like home video looking movies then this is for you....

I give it a 1 out of 5 = Put that rental back on the shelf...
Old 10-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Evil Dead

Frankenstein (2004)

Tagline: Someone new is playing God

DVD description: Renowned scientist Victor Helios and his prototype creation, Deucalion, have managed to exist nearly two centuries through genetic manipulation. Now operating out of New Orleans, the mad scientist has established a research institute that secretly produces a "perfect" race of people designed to replace mankind.

Director Marcus Nispel who made the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre directs this one also....He did a great job...It take place in modern time.

Summary: Scientist Victor Helois has 3 monsters running around town....But 2 of them are on killing sprees and this dectective is trying to solve the murders...She then runs onto Helios first creation...He is trying to help her stop the other 2..This is my brief summary of what happens....I dont like to tell everything....But watch this one...

I give this one a 4 out of 5=Loved it
Old 10-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Evil Dead

Frankenstein Reborn (2005)

Summary of Frankenstein Reborn:
In this horrifying, modern retelling of Mary Shelley's FRANKENSTEIN, a neurosurgeon obsessed with the reanimation of dead flesh, murders his patient and resurrects his corpse. Instead of life, he creates pure EVIL, as the Creature carves a path of flesh and gore through the heart of the city.

My summary:
2 scientist try to help a paralized man walk again...So they do their research on him....It works but he starts to have bad dreams of killing....He cant control himself so one of the doctors kill him and then does a new reanimation on him....The creature then starts his killing spree...This is all I will say, I dont like to tell the whole story...

More thoughts:
For the 1st time from Asylum video they actually put some money into this one...If you ever watched any of their movies they are pretty bad..This is a good movie ...It looked like a big budget made movie...The gore was great and the story was good also...Go rent this one...

I give it 4 out of 5=Loved it