Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Vega Demon Lord
horror movies getting better

In the last 7 or so years, horror movies have sucks. Not all of them, but most of them. But for the past year now, they seem to be getting better, no scarrier, but better. Does anyone else agree?
Old 02-21-2004, 01:01 PM
a people person

i do but at the same time i dont. i think latly they have been making movies more mental then scary. i think they have been trying harder to make you think. but i like what they have been doing but i cant say there better because i dont think they are all to bad before.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Evil Dead

Hmmm... What's been released in theatres in the last year? ... *thinks* 28 Days Later - pretty cool. House of the Dead - unbelievabley, mind-bendingly bad. I think it's a mixed bag. I'm glad things are moving away from the Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, ect trend but I wouldn't say horror movies are getting *better*. There's good and there's bad, as always.
Old 02-21-2004, 03:55 PM
a people person

you cant say movies are better or worse now because allmost every bad movie that comes out there usally is a good one that comes out at the same time, its all about ballence.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Undead

You will get loads of good and bad horrors don't matter what year it all depends were you look because I have looked at Jap horror and sin some brill films but with the yank films a lot have been crap with all the screamin teens again when will thay learn. I sin house of a 1000 corpes and loved it then i watched the new freddy and jason film and thought it was crap thay just don't have the felling of a good horror. Just look around and you will get good horrors.:)
Old 02-22-2004, 07:00 AM
Dead as a Dodo

I just think there's just more horror movies getting to the big screen than before - good and bad. I don't things are getting better, it's always been the same - really good movies will always go straight to video and really bad ones will get onto the big screen. The Scream clones were a bad idea but now we have the remake wagon which is bad. But it's all better than the nineties, that was a bad decade for horror in general and of course paled in compariosn to the wonderful eighties and seventies.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Evil Dead

I prefer 70`s horror so a lot of new movies dont interest me

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 02-22-2004, 01:34 PM
OfTheDead

I think horror is on un upswing, but the big budget movies are still mostly shit. It's really the underground that's getting better, and foriegn movies from places like Japan, England, and France.

If nothing else, the zombie genre is having a resurgence, with DOTD 04, 28 Days, Shaun of the Dead, and others. And for us zombie freaks, that's a great thing.

Of course there's a House of the Dead for every 28 Days, so there's always bad with the good, I suppose.

Last edited by OfTheDead; 02-22-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Banned

what's the point of the MK pic?
Old 02-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to shiftyc2
u cant catigorize all horror as getting better but some of the movies do have a bit more plot but heyi like movies from 7 years ago. they are mindless garbage yes but they are classics that will stay close ot my heart :LOL: