Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-11-2003, 07:49 AM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to kawaiidragonfoe Send a message via Yahoo to kawaiidragonfoe
Talking The Ring: a gift to horror lovers everywhere.

To love the ring you have to watch it more then once & if you can, rent the DVD which has all the extra's (JMO). The thing with the hole & the girl at the end was awsome, but i think that it could've been even better if it had been rated 'R' likewise with darkness falls. Of course 'Ring' has shortcomings, what movie doesn't the friday the 13th movies also have loads of shortcomings & plotholes but i still love them all the same.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by SadisticAngel
Well, I liked "The Ring", too. I've seen both versions, the japanese one and the remake and I would prefer the remake. It looks much darker than the japanese version... the sky is always dark :-) so the atmosphere is more depressing...
And I must admit, the movie scared me more than all the other movies I watched in the last time. Of course, not everyone will be scared by it because everyone fears other things... but for me, it was scary as hell :-)
Check out Dark Water, by the same writer and director of Ringu. The (US) Ring got a lot of that murky look from Dark Water.

Seattle (where Ring was shot) is like that in the winter anyway... I lived there for six years and it can be pretty depressing.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:01 PM
Scares Little Kids

Question

I got a question that deals with the ring itself. Ok, so if you slide a huge stone slab across a well, doesnt it block all the light out...therefore not leaving a ring. Im confused as to how a ring of light gets through........it is physically impossible because if a ring existed than the slab would fall through. Anybody have anything to say to this....?
Old 12-14-2003, 09:29 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally posted by cjbguy87
I got a question that deals with the ring itself. Ok, so if you slide a huge stone slab across a well, doesnt it block all the light out...therefore not leaving a ring. Im confused as to how a ring of light gets through........it is physically impossible because if a ring existed than the slab would fall through. Anybody have anything to say to this....?

if you had every other small bit of rock missing it woulkd stay up (just) and might let a wonky ring through.... that doesnt work does it?:confused:
Old 12-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Shhhh.....

Send a message via AIM to Aasiyan Send a message via Yahoo to Aasiyan
I bought the dvd before I watched it because it was supposed to be good. That was the biggest mistake I ever made. (For the most part....) Anyways, everyone said it was scary, and it was a little bit creepy, but omg. Does anyone want to buy a dvd that was used like, twice???? :D Ha. Ha. Ha. Some parts were pretty creepy, but I was expecting to have serious nightmares from all the hype and it never happened.....
Old 12-16-2003, 01:16 AM
Ulrik

the ring was ok..girl crawling out..fucking scary!
Old 12-21-2003, 08:50 PM

*waves* Erm, hey, I'm kinda new, and I really liked this movie, so it only seemed logical that my first post/reply should involve it.

Anyways, if you really want the story to make sense, you have to do a lot of searching and find the original Japanese books/mangas/whatever they were. It explains the whole backstory and (I believe) delves more into what Samara's powers are/do. I also believe that there was a sequel (or 2) to the Japanese version, as well.

I hear (don't remember where) that we should have a sequel to the American version someday soon too. *shrug* It could just be rumor, but I'm fairly sure it was confirmed.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:55 PM
GoreHound

Yes, they are coming out with a sequel to the American version. It comes out in November 2004. I saw it mentioned on Gore Zone. They showed a copy of the teaser poster. I hope when they release this sequel to DVD, they will also release the Japanese sequel on region 1 DVD as well.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Scares Little Kids

I liked the ring (jap version) It's quite a slow movie but the ending is good
Old 12-23-2003, 08:31 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to Leslie Daher
i sooo whole heartedly agree on the sentiment that THE RING was a waste! i wasted 2 hours of my life that i'll never get back! i'm pretty certain that that was put out by dreamworks and though i'm quite sure that steven spielberg didn't have anything to do w/ it, it's still HIS production company and anything having to do w/ him these days is box office poison! the movie made no sense! but that's what you get when we try to make an adaptation of a japanese film (ringu) PLOT HOLES up the YING YANG! Nothing was ever explained. like THE CELL it had great visuals and NOTHING else! the kid was supposed to be evil and they never showed how. loved how they kept flashing that stupid ring toward the end and had to incorporate the audience..they showed US the video tape now we're all going to die! hollywood is right...some ppl can be sold ANYTHING!!!