Old 01-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Azagthoth

Greetings!

Hi there. I'm Brian, and I've been a horror fan since I was quite small. I'm 33 now, and still can't get enough.

In real life, I am a newspaper reporter, in a long-term relationship with the girl o' my dreams, and Mostly Harmless.

I'm a big fan of classic ghost stories. Anyone who has good ghost films to share should most certainly give me a heads-up on their favorites.

I do enjoy a wider variety of cinematic terror fare, but one thing that I demand from a horror film no matter what the subgenre is that it in some way be intellectually, as well as viscerally, satisfying.

Don't get me wrong -- sometimes it's fun to watch bad horror, simply because it's bad. Heck, it's sometimes great to watch bad horror just to howl at it. But the films that stick with me have a high IQ as well as cheap thrills.

Literature-wise, I love classic-styled ghost stories (M.R. James, anyone?), Lovecraftian tales of cosmic terror and the occasional vampire story, although I've become less enamored of the last since Anne Rice made them quite so popular.

I'm not a fan of gore for gore's sake, but don't mind it if it serves the story. Story is paramount, gore is secondary.

And with that, I bid you all a hearty hello and look forward to chatting about some of my most favorite, and frightful, things.

Brian
Closed Thread