The Oxford Book of Gothic Tales

Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Wanna Join?

Now that looks like a good read!

Here's what I'm currently drinking coffee to:

"The Lost City Of Mars" by Ray Bradbury
"One Foot And The Grave" by Theodore Sturgeon
"The Marginal Man" by Chad Oliver

There's a creepiness to the Bradbury story that should appeal any lover of horror. This is no innocuous city. Get out while you can. One of Bradbury's best and should have won a Hugo.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Evil is Better

Gonna start reading Crowley's Window by Gord Rollo

Old 01-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Wanna Join?

Published in 1905, six years before the first Barsoom adventure, this novel was the probable muse that inspired Edgar Rice Burroughs to send John Carter to Mars, or so Richard A. Lupoff tells us in his introduction. Okay, ERB didn't pluck his idea out of rarefied atmosphere. No big deal, not gonna send me screamin' for the nearest foxhole. However, when Lupoff revealed Gulliver got to the red planet via magic carpet I almost slammed the book shut,. But by the end of the first chapter the way it played out was so completely unexpected that any other mode of transport would now be a monumental letdown. It's too soon to be over confident but all the hallmarks of a good read are on display. Have high hopes for this one.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 02-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Little Boo

Smile Vampire Short Story

Hi everyone, if you like vampire/horror short stories check out mine 'Twinned With Darkness' by Kayleigh clarke available to download from Amazon or Barnes and Noble. It is a great quick read, give it a try :)

Blurb: Sisters could not be closer than identical twins Amelia and Jade Foster. When Jade suffers a bad breakup, Amelia decides a night out would be the perfect thing to cheer her sister up. At a nightclub in the center of London, Amelia and Jade meet handsome, charming strangers, Tobias and Isaac. However, Tobias and Isaac are not who they appear to be, and Amelia feels her bond with Jade slowly break as Jade falls deeper into their dangerous world. This dark and harrowing short story explores how two people so close and so similar can take different paths that will change their lives forever.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twinned-With...9922847&sr=8-1
Old 02-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Moon spiders!

101 Best Horror Movies You've Never Seen (I've seen about a quarter of them)
Old 02-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Evil Dead

A Storm of Swords. Trying to finish before Game of Thrones season 3 begins.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Cranky

Just started Neil Gaiman's American Gods.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Living Dead

Burkha Killer by Davos Williams

Its well written and i guess it would be unsettling if you are the type to be easily scared by things that could happen in real life.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Mary Killed her Lamb

I am reading Bag of Bones at the moment, it's a little big but not really
(529 Pg.) and I'm almost finished with it. Just twenty or so pages left and I love it! Really like it.. Next book I have in mind to start reading is 'The Hunger Games' because I liked the tale of it alot, saw the movie. Thought it was really interesting. Not sure if it's considered horror, probably more of a Fantasy but I happen to like fantasy alot as well. But who knows, I have alot of brand-new books in my library that I haven't read yet so we're hafto see but as of now, Hunger Games just seems right for me to start next. I've also noticed myself wondering alot about another book of mine that i haven't yet gotten to read, called; 'Cycle of the Werewolf', by S.K. And this story is also in film 9Silver Bullet). lol my father raised me on that movie. That was our favorite. Also 'Monster Squad' haha, anybody remember that film?