Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Fear scented candle

Considering i have never killed anyone, i would definately say killing 5 is pretty considerable. i caertainly wouldnt invite him over for coffee.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

harold shipman
Old 04-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
harold shipman
The "Acid Bath" murderer?

that is a sad, fucked up little real life tale....
Old 04-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
The "Acid Bath" murderer?

that is a sad, fucked up little real life tale....
wasn't that John George Haigh,
dr shipman is the man who has supposedly killed approx 400 of his elderly patients
Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Fear scented candle

You are correct sir.

tsk tsk... getting my english serial killers mixed up.....
Old 04-20-2005, 08:46 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by Vempire
I would. The United States is the third largest country in the world. Just under China and India. With that many people, industrialized or not, you are bound to have different levels of crime. Which may seem like a lot to you, pales in comparison to other nations. Try telling someone from Israel, a very successful "technologically advanced country," that its more dangerous living in America, than Israel, and he'll roll his eyes at you.

Check your facts.

Check 'em here!

As you can see, the US has a drastically higher murder suicide count among teens than any other civilized nation.

Last edited by bwind22; 04-20-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Granny Weather Wax

Send a message via AIM to barbra Send a message via Yahoo to barbra
almost as many homicides as unintentinal murders.. make you think?
You’re my favorite living human by far
’cause you make this frightening world less bizarre
Old 04-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
Check your facts.
I did. The fact of the matter is we were talking about SERIAL KILLERS, not "rates of firearm-related deaths among children" dumb-ass. You did stray earlier to the rates of violence from one country to another, but its safe to assume your mind strays a lot, as it clearly shows.

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
As you can see, the US has a drastically higher murder suicide count among teens than any other civilized nation.
Yes, a higher murder suicide rate. So why don't you start a thread about SUICIDE RATES for teenagers. Remember this thread is about SERIAL KILLERS. I swear, your mind does stray, no wonder many people like you kill themselves.

And all that goes to show is how weak Americans, emotionally, really are. All these third world countries, people living in huts, starving, unclothed, yet the will and strength to live. They don't have an epidemic of suicide just because their favorite sitcom was cancelled, or their g/f dumped them.
Many Americans are cry babies. We just don't know how really good we got it.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vempire
I did. The fact of the matter is we were talking about SERIAL KILLERS, not "rates of firearm-related deaths among children" dumb-ass. You did stray earlier to the rates of violence from one country to another, but its safe to assume your mind strays a lot, as it clearly shows.

Look at the title of the thread newbie. We are talking about the variance of violence from one country to another.

My mind strays sometimes, but that's totally irrelevant because, in this circumstance, my mind is exactly along the topic of conversation and you, obviously, don't know what you are talking about. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Yes, a higher murder suicide rate. So why don't you start a thread about SUICIDE RATES for teenagers. Remember this thread is about SERIAL KILLERS. I swear, your mind does stray, no wonder many people like you kill themselves.
I swear, your mind recylces alot since you said the same damn thing twice. Is this thread titled 'Serial Killers' or something? Oh wait, no... It's 'What's your country's death rate?'

Quote:
And all that goes to show is how weak Americans, emotionally, really are. All these third world countries, people living in huts, starving, unclothed, yet the will and strength to live. They don't have an epidemic of suicide just because their favorite sitcom was cancelled, or their g/f dumped them.
Many Americans are cry babies. We just don't know how really good we got it.
All it goes to show is that the murder rate is higher in the US than other civilized nations by a longshot, which is the point I was trying to make. (True, this particular graph is dealing with firearms and teens, but if you really insist on me doing research to prove you wrong, that can be arranged.) :rolleyes:

Last edited by bwind22; 04-20-2005 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:50 PM

Definition: Total recorded intentional homicides, completed. Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevalence.

Amount

1. India 37,170 (1999)
2. Russia 28,904 (2000)
3. Colombia 26,539 (2000)
4. South Africa 21,995 (2000)
5. Mexico 13,829 (2000)
6. United States 12,658 (1999)
7. Venezuela 8,022 (2000)
8. Thailand 5,140 (2000)
9. Ukraine 4,418 (2000)
10. Indonesia 2,204 (2000)

Those are the 10 countries that have the most numbers of murders yearly. (These stats are from 99 and 2000.) The US is 6th. Of the top 10, the US is the only one I would consider fully industrialized. (Parts of India are, parts aren't. Same with South Africa.)

Anyways, no matter how you look at it, the USA has a higher amount of murders yearly than any other civilized nations. (Unless you count India, but then you still have to factor in their enormously larger population.)

And as for this thread being about serial killers, I already addressed that in the first reply. 85% come from the US.