Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-14-2003, 09:13 AM
Evil Dead

The Evil Dead movies are some of my favourite movies of all time
Old 11-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by mudsliptones
you wanna know what bruce said about an opening shot?

lol, he would love it that you see a crater moon landscape and the camera zooms out, only to show that that landscape is ash's ass:D
that would be funny as hell...

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:32 PM
Evil Dead

Oh yeah! You know it! Evil Dead 2 is my fave alltime movie and all 3 are grrreat!
Old 11-14-2003, 10:32 PM
NAPOLEON_WILSON

Exclamation

There IS humor in the first Evil Dead film 'mudsliptones'. True, comedic elements stand out much more in the sequels, but I'm sorry, when the 'dead' are constantly hit over and over again and avoid all easy entrances to the cabin it's obviously done partially for amusement. And what about Ash's girlfriend singing him the song "Were' gonna get you..." or how about when the camera pans over Ash inside the cabin making noises every time it passes over a piece of wood. All of these things and more are done in an amusing, stylish, humorous fashion that was perfected in the sequel. I think the reason most people don't pick up on the humor in the first film is because it's much darker than its sequels and also accomplishes very well, the other goals Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert wished to achieve - to shock, gross out, and engage audiences in a simple, eerie atmosphere.....all things that if in the right hands, can be accomplished with a small budget. These things tend to drown out some of the film's humor but watch it again and you'll see what I mean.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:33 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by NAPOLEON_WILSON
There IS humor in the first Evil Dead film 'mudsliptones'. True, comedic elements stand out much more in the sequels, but I'm sorry, when the 'dead' are constantly hit over and over again and avoid all easy entrances to the cabin it's obviously done partially for amusement. And what about Ash's girlfriend singing him the song "Were' gonna get you..." or how about when the camera pans over Ash inside the cabin making noises every time it passes over a piece of wood. All of these things and more are done in an amusing, stylish, humorous fashion that was perfected in the sequel. I think the reason most people don't pick up on the humor in the first film is because it's much darker than its sequels and also accomplishes very well, the other goals Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert wished to achieve - to shock, gross out, and engage audiences in a simple, eerie atmosphere.....all things that if in the right hands, can be accomplished with a small budget. These things tend to drown out some of the film's humor but watch it again and you'll see what I mean.
dude, don't get me wrong, when I see the first one I laugh, lol, but the 2 sequals are more humorous in my oppinion, depends on what humor you like
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 03-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticMinister View Post
I have another question about the series...

I haven't seen the first or second (or even the third) in a while now, and I remember being confused as to the first and second.

Question: are the first and second basically the same movie, just the second one is a revamping of the first?

I know, I know... I should kick my own ass for sounding like a total freakin' newb, but I just haven't seen it in so long (maybe a year and a half now)...

*FADE OUT*
I think you're confusing it with the remake.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:41 AM
No Tears Please...

Sam Raimi made the original with the intent for it to be scary. After going to the theaters to see it he realized people where laughing and saw the humor in it. The second movie was his attempt to remake the original but purposely funny. The third is a direct sequel to the second. The first and second movie are essentially the same movie, but the second had forced humor and the first had accidental humor. Also worth noting is the fact that the first one was poorly filmed on accident. Occasionally you could see above the set. In the second one they slipped in more of that and even dropped a boom mic into view at one point.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:42 AM
No Tears Please...

Holy crap... I just realized that I was lead into a 12 year old thread by that Damn Heathen...
Old 03-24-2015, 12:50 AM
Evil Dead

first one was great, piss on the other two
Old 03-24-2015, 03:44 AM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
first one was great, piss on the other two
I didn't even know it was possible to like Evil Dead without loving the franchise. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but my opinion is that your opinion sucks. Lol. Good day sir!