Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Laid to Rest (2009)

Liked it more than the first viewing. Pretty simple but effective slasher, particularly great in gore department.

>>: B+

Chromeskull: Laid to Rest 2 (2011)

If the first part was 'great in gore department' then I need to say...it's even greater than that. For the gore fans of the genre...it'd be like a sweet bloody dream came true! It begins at the exact point where the first one ended but then starts off with an entirely new angle of surprise. There are flaws but don't bother about it...just go, see & enjoy this bloody-entertaining slasher ride where you'll must find some awesome kills at least.

I enjoyed it!;)

Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Love is like dying

alot of people dint rate this movie, i thought it was worth the watch.
7/10
Old 09-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

Laid to Rest (2009)

Liked it more than the first viewing. Pretty simple but effective slasher, particularly great in gore department.

Chromeskull: Laid to Rest 2 (2011)

If the first part was 'great in gore department' then I need to say...it's even greater than that. For the gore fans of the genre...it'd be like a sweet bloody dream came true! It begins at the exact point where the first one ended but then starts off with an entirely new angle of surprise. There are flaws but don't bother about it...just go, see & enjoy this bloody-entertaining slasher ride where you'll must find some awesome kills at least.

I enjoyed it!;)

I really dont understand how anyone can like Laid to Rest. The acting and the characters were so bad i couldnt stand it.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Love is like dying

attack the block, funny moments but it bored me.
4/10
Old 09-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I really dont understand how anyone can like Laid to Rest. The acting and the characters were so bad i couldnt stand it.
I thought it was brilliant. Sure there was a bit lacking acting/characterisation but I love how it was just a straight up trashy slasher and didn't try and legitimise itself and pretend to be something else.

Had no idea the sequel was out. Have to get onto checking that out. Cheers for the heads up roshiq you always solve the problem of what to download tonight! :D
Old 09-07-2011, 07:42 PM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Both were directed by Rob Hall-Exceptional make-up and horror special efx artist. Laid to Rest being his debut. If looked at from that kinda view the movie is great. Characters and actors aside.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Evil is Better

Maybe it's just me but the hideous acting and the beyond stupid characters completely killed it for me. I was getting so annoyed and bored at the same time by it all that i just couldnt stand another minute.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:12 AM
sCaRyNeSs

I saw Rogue [2007] after some of y'all talked about it.

I enjoyed it, and it's for sure one of the better crocodile movies.

SCREAMING OUT I'M A HORRORFAN 'TILL I DIE BITCHES
Old 09-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I thought it was brilliant. Sure there was a bit lacking acting/characterisation but I love how it was just a straight up trashy slasher and didn't try and legitimise itself and pretend to be something else.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Had no idea the sequel was out. Have to get onto checking that out. Cheers for the heads up roshiq you always solve the problem of what to download tonight! :D
It's my pleasure, sir. :D
Old 09-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Pirate of Bengal

The Caller (2011)

Somewhat borrowed the idea from Frequency and then made a fine twisted horror-thriller out of it where a ghost from the past seriously affecting troubled life of an young woman. The interesting thing I liked is that how they nicely carried the story till the end where the 'ghost' has a very little screen presence from start to finish. An elderly woman's creepy voice over coming from the other end of that cool old telephone set mostly done the job effectively. Liked the gloomy & dark setting of the film also. Overall, it was a pretty decent watch but I was expecting nothing particular but some freaking twists at the end where that old telephone set at least should ring one final time at the last shot.

Wasted on the Young (2010)

Pretty slow burn but a decent drama-thriller about the conception of always go with the 'common safe guarded Popular opinion' among today's youth.

>>: B

Last edited by roshiq; 09-08-2011 at 01:04 PM.