Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2003, 03:58 AM
neverborn

well, it wasnt exactly a horror flick, but the last time i actually had to turn away from the screen was american history x, when he puts the guys mouth on the curb and stamps on the back of his head :(
Old 12-01-2003, 04:17 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ShamSham04
There's one death scene in Day Of The Dead that involves one of the main characters getting ripped in half by a bunch of zombies. Later, you see hundreds of zombies feasting on his intestines and organs throughout the missle silo. Great stuff. Very nasty.

There was also one in Maximum Overdrive where a kid gets squished by a steamroller. You hear his bones crunch and everything. Very cool scene; very realistic too.

Teenagezombie,

The movie you were referring to was Maximum Overdrive. :)

"Television has brought murder back into the home - where it belongs." - Alfred Hitchcock
Old 12-01-2003, 07:53 AM
Evil Dead

I've been memorably nauseated by 2 movie scenes so far.

1) In Dead Alive during the whole zombie mowing at the party. I had to turn away at a moment so I wouldn't puke, but it also made me laugh. I have to see that again!
2) Pink Flamingos when they had sex with the chcken between them, there were some other parts too, but I actually felt queasy then. ( even though it's not technically a horror flick)

I had to turn away during that American History X scene too, I consider that more like true horror.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by mictlan
Fulci has some good ones. In "Gates of Hell" a woman is scared into throwing up her own intestines. In "the Beyond", Joe the plumber is dissolved by acid or lime, something like that. I was watching that once with a friend and he said 'look, liquid plumber!'

"Ricky-O" (AKA the Story of Ricky) has a guy get his jaw ripped off then squished by a shrinking ceiling. Another guy tries to kill the hero by pulling out his OWN intestines then strangling him with them.

SPOILER:

A giant demon gets stuffed into a meatgrinder at the end.
You took the words right out of my mouth about The Gates of Hell.

Also, My Sweet Satan (about Ricky 6) has a guy getting his head stomped on til his skull rips apart.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Evil Dead

I dont know maybe I have watched to many horrors and become imune but I do not find any scene sickening.

Isnt that why we buy horrors all the time because we want that moment of fear and disbelief, unfortunately at present I am left wanting by all the movies coming out no one is releasing anything which is different or mad.

(I am waiting to watch House of 1000 corpses though have been told that is good)

But the only film reasllly I could say was Bad Taste the seens were pretty cool I liked the beginning scene where that guy pushed his gun through a zombies stomach

But still waiting to be scared shitless what do you guys think personally I think most new horrors are just a bit lame I would love the opportunity to shhot my own horror I would make it disturbing, gross and dark.