Old 03-25-2017, 07:15 AM
病気の

The Evil Within {2017}

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339736/

Director; Andrew Getty

This has been in production since 2002.

The sadistic tale of a lonely, mentally handicapped boy who befriends his reflection in an antique mirror. This demonic creature orders him to go on a murderous rampage to kill the people he loves most.

Quote:
Not only is The Evil Within terrifying, it’s also a fitting metaphor for the effects that meth addiction had on the director.

The name Andrew Rork Getty may not mean much to you. He was the wealthy scion of the Getty oil dynasty who, despite having no experience in the world of film, decided to devote his time and considerable financial resources to a quixotic personal project: writing and directing a horror film inspired by his nightmares.
The film is called The Evil Within and, according to producer Michel Luceri, it cost Getty around $5m and left him in financial ruin.

Shooting began in 2002, but Getty’s debut has taken over 15 years to see the light of the day. Now, thanks to Vision Film and Amazon’s streaming service, The Evil Within is set to become a cult classic among extreme horror fans.

Getty passed away in 2015, at the age of 47, without living to see his film released. He died of a hemorrhage provoked by his repeated, recreational methamphetamine use. His addiction to the drug also partly explains the frightening intensity of his nightmares, which in turn inspired the film.
http://www.playground.plus/culture/m...rifying-movie/
Old 07-20-2017, 01:39 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

It's a crazy story behind that.

I enjoyed the film but it was a bit of a mess. I didn't know the back story on it when i watched it and was totally confused by SPF looking that young in a 2017 film.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Little Boo

Thumbs up Film seems promising

Have heard first time about it here. The film seems promising; I like the simple idea behind it. Editing could have been more aggressive.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Evil Dead

This is the first time I'm hearing about it. Usually I get notifications on Facebook about horror movies coming out so I'll have to look into this and check it out!