Old 11-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Horror Fan

Thumbs down

Forum is definitely creeping along with Halloween over, V gone, and Widener coming to and fro and working 'round the clock. V: he said goodbye without ever saying why...

Old 11-25-2013, 04:04 AM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Forum is definitely creeping along with Halloween over, V gone, and Widener coming to and fro and working 'round the clock. V: he said goodbye without ever saying why...
Yes, he did: http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33710
Old 11-25-2013, 06:28 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

I guess I'll put this under Random Thoughts because I randomly started thinking about painting a couple weeks ago. I've only really ever painted in Acrylics and Watercolors and have always wanted to paint with Oils.

Anyway, I haven't painted anything in probably 3 or 4 years and even before that it was pretty sporadic. It's just something I like to do but never seem to have the time for. I'm still learning techniques on how to work with oils but here are my first two paintings.

This first one I did about 3 weeks ago. I apologize for the blurriness on the left side. It's tough to get my camera phone to focus on the whole picture, but you can get the idea.

I did this one yesterday. I've never tried painting waves before in my life and thought it would be something cool to try as I've always liked Seascapes but have never really attempted one until now.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:55 AM
HDC's old chick

Beautiful!!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:04 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Beautiful!!!!

I'm still learning. I'm not happy with the way everything comes out, but I'm just working on trying new techniques at this point anyway.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:16 AM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealblues View Post

I'm still learning. I'm not happy with the way everything comes out, but I'm just working on trying new techniques at this point anyway.
I draw stick figures. I'm impressed with anyone that can do artwork.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
This first one I did about 3 weeks ago. I apologize for the blurriness on the left side. It's tough to get my camera phone to focus on the whole picture, but you can get the idea.

Looks like you've been watching some Bob Ross! Quality work, mate. :cool:
Old 11-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
Looks like you've been watching some Bob Ross! Quality work, mate. :cool:
Yep, Bob Ross has definitely been an inspiration, along with the guy who taught him Bill Alexander. :)
Old 11-25-2013, 08:00 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Yep, Bob Ross has definitely been an inspiration, along with the guy who taught him Bill Alexander. :)
My only knowledge/ memory of Bob Ross is sitting around my parents house in the mid- late '90's smoking skunk, watching The Joy of Painting, when I should've been in college.... Loved that show, dude was an absolute legend!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:36 PM
ventricle

Quote:
I guess I'll put this under Random Thoughts because I randomly started thinking about painting a couple weeks ago. I've only really ever painted in Acrylics and Watercolors and have always wanted to paint with Oils.

Anyway, I haven't painted anything in probably 3 or 4 years and even before that it was pretty sporadic. It's just something I like to do but never seem to have the time for. I'm still learning techniques on how to work with oils but here are my first two paintings.

I did this one yesterday. I've never tried painting waves before in my life and thought it would be something cool to try as I've always liked Seascapes but have never really attempted one until now.

wow, those really look good, Bro! Good compositional flow on the first one.

On the second, you do really good rock/mountains. They look real. The waves look very real too. Plus I love aquamarine. The composition is really trippy. I'm not sure what you're doing there. Is that a shore line and beach for the bottom right? With the size and direction of the waves, I'm guessing this is more abstract?

Oils are a certainly different to work with than watercolor and acrylic, eh? I had a real hard time with my one try at oils in high school.