Old 04-22-2018, 04:05 AM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
Ghost Stories (2018)

This movie just came out yesterday at theaters, but it is also available on demand. The wife and I watched it last night.
Going into it, it sounded like something that would be very much up my alley. Ghost tales are my favorite type of horror film, and I love anthologies. Plus, it was filmed in Yorkshire, an area of England that I love for various reasons.

It is an anthology, and the stories are ok, but where this one goes off the usual script is at the end. I won't give anything away, especially not in this first post, but I am itching to discuss this one with other fans.

So, anyone seen it?

Last edited by knife_fight; 04-22-2018 at 04:06 AM. Reason: took out poster image, it was too big
Old 04-22-2018, 07:45 AM
This is a test

You had me at "Yorkshire, an area in England". I shall have to keep my eye out for this. Unfortunately, my only option is waiting for it to show up on youtube. You'd be surprised what i can get on there.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:07 AM
Pepper's Ghost

I probably wouldn't be surprised. I've stumbled across all kinds of crazy stuff on youtube, hidden behind different names or nonsense words.

It was well worth watching, but also worth waiting for. I'm sure it will be available somewhere else soon.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:27 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Was really looking forward to this one but it ultimately disapointed me.
It was well shot and acted but it over relied on jumpscares and the twist really ruined it for me..
Old 04-28-2018, 08:19 AM
Pepper's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Was really looking forward to this one but it ultimately disapointed me.
It was well shot and acted but it over relied on jumpscares and the twist really ruined it for me..
SPOILER ALERT

That ending. It was so depressing. All I could think about is, "I hope that's not what a coma is really like." Geez. I mean, I know the dude had his demons, but does he really deserve that much punishment? Curious why he killed himself, too. Is it because of his hand in that kid dying in the tunnel? Or is it because he saw a ghost, or something else supernatural?
Also, at the end, the janitor guy puts the mirror up, so he can see out the window. Something hits the window. What was it? I thought it meant that the whole thing was starting over again, but I could be wrong.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:21 AM
Little Boo

Directors Jeremy Dyson and Andy Nyman, making their theatrical-feature debut, demonstrate delightfully eerie slight of hand and marvellous mise-en-scène.