Old 10-28-2003, 09:16 AM
Hellraiser

Post Silent

hi ya!
ive written this short story for, well for the fun of it i guess! Don't laugh coz it's my first fic. It's more of a thriller than a horror, but it should be ok to put on here.

Silent

The window blew open, the curtains swayed in the window. The house lay silent. As if the world had stopped. A car raced past out side, its radio on full-blast and the window down. Gavin had hated people who did that. He said they were aroggant fools. But Gavin was never going to say that again. Never. His blood had poured down the stair, but stopped half-way down and dried. His wife was 3 miles away.

Joanna sat in her car, she was late home. Gavin would be waiting, her stupid boss always kept her late;
"Wait Jo, do you think you could just type up this last document?"
She always said yes. Stupid. It's okay, only 1 mile to go. Gavin wouldn't mind, he never did. She turned her car into Halfpenny Road. Joanna had 10 minutes to live.

The gun was still in Gavins hand. One bullet had done the job. Smoke out his life, end his misery. Blood had splattered up the bedroom door and had dripped down the star. His body was on the landing, gun in one hand, suicide note in the other. It read:

'Dear Joanna, I am so sorry I have taken my life but I have done something terrible. I have killed someone. Her name was Carly Searl and I was having an affair with her. I am so sorry. She threatend to tell you about us if I didn't end it with you. I am so sorry. She went to tell you so I shot her. I can't live with my-self now. Im so sorry. Her body's in the basement. Tell the police. I love you so much. Gavin'

Joanna got out of her car in the drive-way, and walked down the path. Her keys jingeled in her pocket, she withdrew them and opened the door. She had 1 minute to live.

Blood. Gun. Note. Blood. Gavin. Oh my God.

"GAVIN!" Joanna screamed. "MY GOD, GAVIN!"

She ran upstairs, crouched down and wept. Her tears of pain fell on his note. She picked it up, read it, then walked down the stairs.

"Why Gavin? Why? WHY!"

The knife was just about sharp enough. It gleamed in the sun. Joannas eyes ran dry. She raised the knife, and stapped her-self.

Her body was discovered the next morning, on the kitchen floor, still holding her wedding photo.