Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Evil Dead

I honestly died laughing at the balloon part at the beginning. The Penguin kinda aggravates me in general. This isn't anything against the show really; I just don't like the Penguin character. I didn't like him in Batman Returns (I think that's it? with Michelle Pfeifer as Catwoman?) either.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Resident Bass Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
That was one problem. I also didn't like how there were so many sub plots to keep track of, and it really wasn't that interesting or anything I haven't seen before from other similar crime shows. I'll give it the benefit that pilots are generally a bad thing to base an opinion of a show off of, so I might give it another shot when the series develops a bit more.
I surprisingly did like the first two episodes - especially having stellar actors like Donal Logue, Richard Kind, and Jada Pinkett in the cast. I liked all the sub plots so far, and am curious about the development of the Selina Kyle (Cat) character.

Haven't seen Balloonman yet ...

Last edited by Solarmist; 10-07-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarmist View Post
I surprisingly did like the first two episodes - especially having stellar actors like Donal Logue, Richard Kind, and Jada Pinkett in the cast. I liked all the sub plots so far, and am curious about the development of the Selina Kyle (Cat) character.

Haven't seen Balloonman yet ...
I thought the acting was pretty bad. Everyone overacted a bunch.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:09 AM
Evil Dead

Interesting thoughts on the show. I am still debating on whether or not I want to watch it. It looks intriguing but it also looks mediocre.......

Old 10-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Resident Bass Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I thought the acting was pretty bad. Everyone overacted a bunch.
Really - you thought the acting was bad? I like the show so far, and am curious how it will develop including the sub plots.

I think it's one of the better new shows on TV for the 2014-2015 season.

Off Topic - I'm also having a great time watching the old Batman reruns on the IFC ... I grew up with shows from that time era. Julie Newmar ... mmmmm!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:51 AM
Evil Dead

"Arkham" The scene showing the Arkham Asylum gate looked great. The villain of the week had an interesting weapon. Jada Pinkett Smith making out with that girl was pretty cool as was the cat fight. Other than that I didn't think this episode was particularly interesting.

"Viper" I thought this was better than last week. Gotham has definitely become the Penguin show and that's not a bad thing by any means. I'm really enjoying David Zayas as Salvatore Maroni. Nice to see Venom mentioned.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Evil Dead

Episode 6 "Spirit of the Goat" was decent. Nice to see Dan Hedaya show up as Detective Dix. I find this version of Edward Nigma to be slightly annoying. The Penguin scenes were pretty weak and uneventful. The ending was great though.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Evil Dead

Episode 7 "Penguin's Umbrella" Starting to like Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean. Whoa Mr. Zsasz! Nice save by Montoya and Allen. The Penguins scenes continue to entertain me and I wasn't expecting the reveal at the end.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Evil Dead

Episode 8 "The Mask"

SPOILERS

While I didn't really care for the Penguin or the Fish Mooney scenes I thought the case Gordon was investigating was interesting. Nice to see Todd Stashwick show up as Black Mask. The kid who plays Tommy Elliot is pretty creepy and seeing Bruce punch him in the face was kind of satisfying.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:45 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
Episode 8 "The Mask"

SPOILERS

While I didn't really care for the Penguin or the Fish Mooney scenes I thought the case Gordon was investigating was interesting. Nice to see Todd Stashwick show up as Black Mask. The kid who plays Tommy Elliot is pretty creepy and seeing Bruce punch him in the face was kind of satisfying.
Well shit I knew the kid Bruce punched was going to be a familiar face. Don't know why that didn't register.

-

I was throwing fits over seeing Jonathan Crane come in. Adorable little wallflower. I'll have to put the fan art I did of him in my gallery.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!