Old 02-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Did Jeffrey Dahmer Kill Adam Walsh?

Dahmer seen In Mall Where Adam Walsh Disappeared

Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Did Jeffrey Dahmer confess to all his crimes? There's a call to reopen the investigation.

TV station WISN reported that there are new questions about Dahmer's criminal history before he returned to Milwaukee and never-reported details that some believe link Dahmer to the Adam Walsh case.

Who can forget the toothless grin of 6-year-old Adam Walsh, the Florida boy abducted, dismembered and dumped in a drainage canal in 1981?

Author Jay Harris is claiming that Dahmer may be responsible for the Walsh slaying.

WISN dissected his argument and has detailed the never-reported evidence that has at least one career FBI man calling to reopen the case.

It was a strange and surreal summer. Officials reported the daily death toll and named the faces of death.

As the victims' families faced the horror that was Dahmer, WISN reported that a subplot was unfolding that police tried to keep from the headlines.

FBI Agent Neil Purtell was the agent assigned to the Dahmer case. For the first time, he talked about his role in the Adam Walsh investigation. He said from the day of the arrest, many in law enforcement wondered if Milwaukee's most notorious killer could be responsible for a high-profile case that went cold long ago.

"If Dahmer did this, if it was my son, I'd want the truth," Purtell said.

So does Adam's father.

"Even though it's a cold case, people are coming forward who are claiming one thing, who are saying we were not taken seriously back 25, 26 years ago. So I think they have to look at this case," John Walsh told WISN this week.

Walsh and Purtell believe new, never-revealed information in the Walsh case demands a second look at Dahmer. It's information developed by a Florida journalist who took up the Walsh investigation long after police had stopped. And now, 25 years later, the time has come.

"I don't know who would do this to a 6-year-old child. I can't conceive of it," Walsh said at the time of Adam's disappearance.

Two weeks later, fishermen found Adam's head in a drainage canal, but police never found his body.

By July 1991, the investigation into Adam's slaying was stale until Dahmer's trail of death exploded in headlines. As investigators traced Dahmer's life path they found a chilling coincidence. Dahmer was living in south Florida when Adam disappeared.

When the Army discharged Dahmer, it told him he could have a plane ticket anywhere in the United States. Dahmer told police he couldn't go home to face his father, so he went to Miami because he was tired of the cold.

Police figured it was a long shot but asked Milwaukee officers to talk to Dahmer, who denied killing Adam.

The issue got little media attention.

Purtell said was by design. Investigators feared news of the link might prove so sensational it could jeopardize Dahmer's court case.

"We did not want to do it during the trial in Milwaukee. Why raise that issue? It could have eliminated his cooperation. It could have made jury selection more difficult than it already was," Purtell said.

Adam's name never made it into the police reports that became his confession, but news of Dahmer's stay in Florida made its way to the Walsh family.

Walsh was so moved by the Dahmer link that he made a remarkable request. He asked Florida to waive the death penalty if Dahmer confessed to Adam's slaying.

WISN obtained a copy of the Walsh letter, where he pointed to Dahmer's criminal record, which includes killing two 14-year-olds, sexually assaulting a 13-year-old and exposing himself to 12-year-olds.

Walsh wrote, "Many people have forgotten that Jeffrey Dahmer started out as a pedophile, kidnapper, and torturer of young boys. He certainly fits the profile of someone who might be capable of murdering a 6-year-old boy."

WISN obtained the never-before published transcript of Dahmer's interview with Florida police.

"My main purpose of coming here for, you know, the investigation of Adam Walsh and you go on record to say that you had nothing to do with it," the detective said.

"I heard it on the news, but I had nothing to do with it, no," Dahmer said.

"And if you did have something to do with it? You would admit to it?" the detective asked.

"Uh, right. Yeah," Dahmer said.

Dahmer said he didn't have a car, had never been to Hollywood, and he wasn't interested in kids Adam's age.

Harris started looking at the Walsh case in 1996 after a landmark legal ruling opened the 10,000-page Walsh file to the public. The Dahmer angle intrigued him. He started digging.

Harris just finished a book about Dahmer and recently laid out his case in a Miami daily paper. His article put Dahmer at the Hollywood Mall, in the suspected getaway car on the day Adam disappeared.

One of the reasons why police believed Dahmer that he didn't kill Adam was because he said he didn't have a vehicle," Harris said.

"This blue van had a crate for a passenger seat," Darlene Hill said.

Harris located Hill, the former owner of restaurant where Dahmer worked. Hill said the business had three delivery vehicles. One was a blue van. Several witnesses reported seeing a blue van speed from the mall that day.

Hill said employees often took the blue van for personal use.

"Somebody would take the van and not come back with it for two days," Hill said.

Harris then found Dahmer's former boss at the restaurant, whose version of the events shows Dahmer lied to Hollywood police.

Harris said the boss told him Dahmer worked seven days a week at the sub shop, all day and all night. That was another reason he wouldn't have had an opportunity.

"Well, the guy who hired him said he worked maybe 20 hours a week, late morning to late afternoon five days a week, so that's not true," Harris said.

Also buried in the Walsh file, Harris found two statements -- witnesses who said they saw Dahmer at the mall the day Adam disappeared. For the first time, both men share their stories on television.

"I had a sense that someone was staring at me," Willis Morgan said.

Morgan said he was shopping when a dirty, disheveled man in his 20s started hitting on him.

Morgan was the Chippendale dancer type Dahmer repeatedly told police was his type.

"I didn't answer him, and he said, 'Nice day isn't it?' I still didn't answer him," Willis said. "then the smile went off his face, and he had this look of anger, and I was just like looking at him, you know. I didn't know what this guy was up to, and then all of a sudden that look went to like rage. It was an unbelievable look. I had to look away," He said.

Morgan said he followed the man into the Sears store and lost him in the toy department, the last place Adam was seen alive.

Ten years later, Morgan was proofing the morning paper.

"When the papers came in, I saw the picture of Dahmer, and I started freaking out. I said, 'This is the guy. This is the guy I saw in the mall,'" Willis said.

At about the same time, another man was shocked to see Dahmer's picture in the paper.

"That Sunday, in 1991, when the picture of Dahmer came out, it hit me like a baseball bat," Bill Bowen said.

Bowen said he had just pulled into the Sears parking lot that day in 1981 when he witnessed an explosive scene.

"There was a man holding a little boy by one arm up in the air. The boy was struggling, and the boy was saying, 'I don't want to go. I'm not going,'" He said.

He said the man threw the boy into a blue van and screeched off. He said he only saw the man's profile, but it looked like the newspaper picture he brought police.

Both men said they reported the incidents to police in 1981. Police said there's no such record but conceded the Walsh file contains no log of ANY of the early tips in the case.

"There were some issues when this case first surfaced that maybe we were a little overwhelmed with the magnitude of it," Police Capt. Mark Smith said.

He called Harris' evidence against Dahmer circumstantial and said that the Hollywood Police Department hasn't been able to find the sub shop's blue van, and two mall witnesses aren't enough to close a murder case.

"If we found no more on Jeffrey Dahmer, and I don't believe we will find any more than this circumstantial evidence we have now, we would never get to a conviction. I don't believe we'd ever get to an indictment," Smith said.

The detective who spent more than 150 hours taking Dahmer's confession doesn't buy it either.

"He said, 'I've told you everything -- how I killed them, how I cooked them, who I ate. Why wouldn't I tell you if I did someone else?'" Murphy said.

Purtell said Dahmer was a talented liar, and given the evidence Harris uncovered, it's time to reopen the Walsh case with a team of seasoned investigators.

"People will say, 'What does it matter?'" Purtell said. "What if we looked at all the evidence we had now and said we could get a warrant for his arrest?"

"And a prosecutor looking at that evidence we have now collected would say, 'I could convict him on the evidence we have. We feel that he is now responsible. That's closure. We've done our job as a society. We have not forgotten this child,'" Purtell said.

Walsh responded to WISN's story from an "America's Most Wanted" set in Texas. He said more than 25 years later, he can't believe he's still fighting for a competent investigation into Adam's slaying.

"That's a bitter pill for me to swallow. As someone who's a big supporter of law enforcement, that the law enforcement agency investigating my son's murder would lose key pieces of evidence, and not interview people who thought they had important information about the case, it's really a tough thing," He said.

Walsh said Dahmer became a suspect years ago when Dahmer's father, Lionel, called "America's Most Wanted" and told them he thought his son could be responsible for Adam's slaying.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 02-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Fear scented candle

Ottis Toole, Henry Lee Lucas' croney, confessed to the walsh killing, but then took it back later. there was never any evidence to support his claim, and as it turned out, they determined he was just trying to hurt more people from prison.

The Dahmer link is really interesting, I am interested to see if it holds any water.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
The Dahmer link is really interesting, I am interested to see if it holds any water.
I think the biggest question in most people's minds as far as Dahmer's validity to his denial was "Why wouldn't he confess to Adam Walsh's murder, when he confessed to the others?"...He wouldn't face anymore punishment than he already was, so why not admit it?

But...Isn't it obvious?

John Walsh vowed (over and over again) that he would find the killer no matter what it took...He even went so far as to try to have Dahmer's sentence changed if he confessed...The ONE thing that John Walsh wanted more than anything else in this world was to solve this...Dahmer knew that...Dahmer likes to torture people...I could see him saying (in John Walsh's face) with a big smile, "Nope...Sorry...wasn't me"...As in, "Fuck you...You'll never have the satisfaction of knowing for sure...and you definitely aren't getting it from ME"...There's no way that Dahmer would confess if he DID do it, because he's a sadist...

Old 02-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrayne View Post
I think the biggest question in most people's minds as far as Dahmer's validity to his denial was "Why wouldn't he confess to Adam Walsh's murder, when he confessed to the others?"...He wouldn't face anymore punishment than he already was, so why not admit it?

But...Isn't it obvious?

John Walsh vowed (over and over again) that he would find the killer no matter what it took...He even went so far as to try to have Dahmer's sentence changed if he confessed...The ONE thing that John Walsh wanted more than anything else in this world was to solve this...Dahmer knew that...Dahmer likes to torture people...I could see him saying (in John Walsh's face) with a big smile, "Nope...Sorry...wasn't me"...As in, "Fuck you...You'll never have the satisfaction of knowing for sure...and you definitely aren't getting it from ME"...There's no way that Dahmer would confess if he DID do it, because he's a sadist...
Exactly. He was a sociopath, which is why he was convicted for 16 (or was it 17) counts of murder, but it is assumed that he committed many more.

gacy constantly denied having any knowledge of the bodies in his basement, even after claiming he killed his victims for being "useless little faggots and queers", and to my knowledge, not a one was gay, but JW was.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Banned

Having a son I cannot imagine the anguish John Walsh must feel.I hope someday he has some closure.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
You don't confess to killing and molesting a child when you're in prison. It's likely to get you killed by other inmates.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
You don't confess to killing and molesting a child when you're in prison. It's likely to get you killed by other inmates.
Meh...He was killed by the other inmates anyway...

Old 09-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
Yea, decapitating, boiling, drilling holes in your victim's skulls while they're alive and necrophilia can be overlooked by your cellmates, but you're really crossing the line with that molestation shit.

I think he was left to mingle with the general population, so that he would get killed. Wisconsin has no death penalty, so that would mean free room and board for life. And the state had probably had enough of that with Ed Gein.